Friday, April 1, 2011

Brown Bag Quilt Challenge Quilt Finished

The deadline for the Brown Bag Quilt Challenge contest is today April 1st. Luckily, I finished mine and posted the pictures to the flicker account. Now, to just wait and see....

I have to say, this was so much fun. From receiving the fabrics, to the construction of the quilt, to making a new friend in my swap partner, Mary, it has been a good experience. So much so for me, I have even thought of hosting one like this myself later on this year. We will have to see.....

Here is my finished quilt:

It is hard to believe where this quilt first started back in October of last year. I have never used any of these colors or fabrics in my quilts thus far, and this was a first. I really like how it turned out.

Here is a reminder of the fabrics I received...........

The finished quilt measures 77 1/2 X 100.

Here is the back. The only fabric purchased was the outer border fabric and I used that for the binding too. All the added fabrics were bits and pieces from my stash.

There are some great quilts posted in the Brown Bag Contest flicker group. Stop off and have a look at some of these great quilts. There are some very talented quilters who created some amazing quilts. Enjoy.

18 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love all the colors in that quilt! It's very warm and cozy -- almost bohemian. Neat! In fact, I'm feeling inspired to do some sewing! Thanks!
    ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful, Suzanne...I am in awe!
    Cheryl at My Sister's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful. It inspires me to pull out some of my stuff and try to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your quilt is great. I managed to get mine done in the nick of time. It is amazing what one can get done given a deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Suzanne, your quilt turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, girlfriend, I think you outdid yourself on this one! Really lovely. Fun to make you 'stretch' with colors that are more up MY alley. And I managed to not curse your love of florals with the set you sent me, which I turned into a place mat set.

    I love your new quilt!

    - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, Suzanne, I a drooling over your green grass as well, as my back yard remains snow-covered nearly everywhere!

    - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am no authority on quilt making, but in my book it is a winner. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is BEAUTIFUL. All those jewel-tones=happy,happy!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous. I love seeing something that is sure to be treasured forever when it's still new. 100 years from now someone will be still be cherishing this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really made it work! Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt is so pretty and warm looking. This was a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE IT! I think this is an inspiring challenge! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love it! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is simply stunning. I think the colors go very well with Sophie, Dora and Bailey.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Suzanne, your quilt is wonderful. I like what you did to make the back interesting. Great! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...