Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Garage Sale Finds and Vintage Roses Blooming

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a "dog-gone" good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so  please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week.  

Lastly, if you link in, your post needs to include:
1. the LINK back to my blog and or the button for Vintage Thingie Thursday. I have been visiting lately and when I click on a link, there is no mention of Vintage Thingie Thursday or my blog. 

2. make sure your post has something to do with something vintage. All advertisements will be deleted. If you'd like to advertise on my blog, email me, we can work that out. No more free advertising by linking in.  Shame on those who do this, nothing is free in life.


Starting this month, if you fail to either have the button on your blog, or in your blog post and/or have not linked back to my blog in your post. I will delete your link. 

It is not fair to those who follow the rules to allow others not to do so. I am not being ugly, but rules are rules.....in all aspects of life. So if you find your link removed, check your post, you need to see why that happened. Hopefully, I won't have to do that. 


________________________________________________

I was lucky enough a couple of weeks ago to come across some great vintage goodies at a garage sale. First, many of you may already own one of these, but I did not and was delighted to find this at a local sale.

This General Electric Roaster was a great find and a great deal. I paid $10.00 for this baby and was happy to do so. Now, when I need one, I won't have to look for someone to borrow it from.

I was ever impressed with all the extras that were included. Both serving pans with lids and another glass serving dish. Love it.

I could not believe when I found this red handled galvanized water cooler. This is made by Covey and is in great shape. I love how the red handle is not chipped, so cute......and it works well.

Here is a photo of my antique roses blooming. I purchased these online last year and they hardly made a bud, but they are finally blooming this year and the roses are so pretty. I love them.

Just look at the delicate flowers on this rose bush. And believe it or not, they smell as sweet as the look.

Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday everyone!! Have a great weekend.



24 comments:

  1. Suzanne, your rose is so pretty! Love vintage roses. I can't wait, my new one from last year had blooms on it...and of course it is pink too! The cooler is great, I have one similar I picked up last year and have out in the garden cottage. Thanks again for hosting....I am always anxious to see what everyone came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a cooler just like that years and years ago and I have no idea where the heck it went.
    So glad you got one (could it be MINE??..:)) HAHA..
    Thanks so much for hosting and I hope the rest of the week is good for you.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your antique roses are so beautiful!!!!! There is a place down in Texas called the Antique Rose Emporium that my Mom has ordered roses from. I love looking at their site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great finds! I don't have one of those roasters either ~ what a treat to have one of your own. Love the galvanized water cooler too and your rose is just spectacular!! Thanks for another wonderful VTT!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure got yourself some great deals! Your roses look so gorgeous. My bushes don't even have any buds yet. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the water cooler. I feel refreshed just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your finds and the roses, oh the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzanne!

    What cool things you found. I remember those coolers. Love your pink roses, they are my favorite color!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great vintage finds Suzanne and what a deal too..love your pretty roses...and I bet those do smell heavenly! Thanks for hosting this fun event...I am happy to join in today :) Have a great night...
    Big hugs,
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzanne your finds are great this week. Love the galvanized water cooler! Beautiful Roses also. I want to add some more to my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds. I didn't know the roasters came with serving dishes. And I love your roses. We won't have roses for a while, I'm happy with my pansies and daffodils for now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great finds! I enjoy seeing what everyone has found - such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the water cooler! The flowers...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The galvanized cooler is awesome! I cannot believe that you already have roses blooming - we are very far from that here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a "Lucky Lady"... LOVE your new goodies!!! If I had seen them first they would have FOLLOWED ME HOME too!!! Be sure to post when you use that wonderful roaster. That brings back LOTS of memories for me!!! AND of course LOVE,LOVE,LOVE those roses!
    Thank you for hosting all this fun,
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Suzanne, I love the roaster and all the extras that came with it. My new one is fine but oh the old ones are so terrific. Good find. Don't you love to find wonderful vintage things like this and only pay 10.00?

    Your pink roses are gorgeous. They look old fashioned and perfectly pink. My roses should be blooming soon. I can't wait. I do love roses, especially when they smell good too.

    Happy vintage hunting.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that galvanized cooler. Your roses are beautiful. I can just imagine how they smell. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow I would love to find a Roaster like yours. My neighbor used to make his turkey every Thanksgiving in a roaster. Great find!

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the water cooler and Your ROSES are beautiful!!!!!!! Love the dainty petals.
    I would be afraid that cooker would blow up when plugged in. lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing finds! Great buy on the roaster!!! Love the cooler too
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is one "mahvelous" water cooler! It looks to be in very good condition. I love having a roaster- After having to borrow a friend's roaster one too many times, I finally broke down and bought the display at Target for only $20. I use it all the time. Thanks for hosting the party, Suzanne.
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  22. Suzanne, those pink roses are gorgeous. I remember one of my aunts had one of those roasters, didn't know they were still around. We just lost one of our Doxies, he was 14 yo and died in his sleep.We miss him so much. Hope yours are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great vintage finds. I really like that old roaster...Great buy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have a couple of vintage things, but I'm almost the most vintage thing around the apartment. I mainly signed on to "follow" because I have a long haired dachshund and yours are so cute! Loved the doxie comics!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...