Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Vintage Thingie Thursday: A Little Bit of Vintage Royalty

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a "dog-gone" good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so  please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week.  

Lastly, if you link in, your post needs to include:
1. the LINK back to my blog and or the button for Vintage Thingie Thursday. I have been visiting lately and when I click on a link, there is no mention of Vintage Thingie Thursday or my blog. 

2. make sure your post has something to do with something vintage. All advertisements will be deleted. If you'd like to advertise on my blog, email me, we can work that out. No more free advertising by linking in.  Shame on those who do this, nothing is free in life.


Starting this month, if you fail to either have the button on your blog, or in your blog post and/or have not linked back to my blog in your post. I will delete your link. 

It is not fair to those who follow the rules to allow others not to do so. I am not being ugly, but rules are rules.....in all aspects of life. So if you find your link removed, check your post, you need to see why that happened. Hopefully, I won't have to do that. 


________________________________________________

I don't know how by now you have not heard of the big event this week coming up...another Royal wedding. I myself, I have to admit I am looking forward to it.

There is nothing like a fairytale ending that does the heart good. I can hardly wait for the wedding.

This lovely vintage church is Westminster Abby.....there has been lots of activity this week here at the Abby. I myself just love the stained glass and the gothic design of the Abby.

Maple trees and flowers that are native and blooming this time of year were chosen by Kate and after the workers transfer this into a wooded, flower wonderland, and the wedding is over the plants will then be planted locally. I love that.

Security has had dress rehearsals too.....I am sure this is a long standing routine......vintage style.

Here is another shot. All have to be ready for the big day!!

Now, I am most sure this is a vintage Royal carriage. Oh, how fairytale like to think of riding in this carriage wearing a Royal wedding gown.....so very romantic.

Just look at the onlookers camping out already, awaiting the big event. Amazing. (all photos are from internet)

Now, to keep with the rules and post a "vintage thingie".......I had to really dig to come up with something today!!

Several years ago....SEVERAL, my mom went to London and brought home a few souvenirs that I still have. The first one is a tin representing a mail box. It was full of toffees, and is intent is a bank. I think it is rather cute and have saved it all these years.

My mom also brought me a thimble, as she knew I collected thimbles....still do for that matter. However, this one has the queen on the front and a royal symbol underneath. It is old, and has a little chip in it, but that does not bother me.



Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday.....hope it is a Royal Day for you!!!



19 comments:

  1. What an amazing post! I was surprised to see this in 'vintage' but OF COURSE...a lovely post! Beautiful photos and great info! I love your thimble and the beautiful fabric! Great idea for this special week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to be glued to the television this weekend. I was the same age my daughter is when Diana was married. What a magically time. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne, I think there might be a few of us with Royal wedding themed posts this week. :-) Your pictures of the inside of Westminster Abbey looks amazing... I wish I could see it in person. Can you just imagine how incredible it will be when they finish transforming it into a floral fantasy wonderland? I like your Queen Mum thimble. She would have loved to be here for her great grandson's wedding. Have you already shared your thimble collection on your blog? I'll have to go back and look through past posts. As always, thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely going to be watching the Royal wedding. I pray it will be a better relationship than poor Diana's was. I love that thimble. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the Westminster Abbey would classify as vintage?! I hope so because my vintage is the Old Quito that was built in 1534 enjoyed your post and of course looking forward to watching the wedding. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you romantic one. I am excited about it too. I love all the pomp and circumstance. My English DNA is tingling.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be watching too. Lovely post Suzanne and your tins and thimbles are great! Thanks for another wonderful party.

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is hard to believe you ever have any trouble find something vintage to post. You are one of Goodwill's best customers. I had forgotten about that trip. Guess I missed the fact you collected thimbles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything in England is vintage. Especially the customs. Love the thimble with the Queen Mum on it.
    I sincerely wish that this young couple have a long and happy life. They deserve it, especially William.
    Thanks for hosting, Ginger :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that little bundle of fabrics! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is at fever pitch over here in London I tell you! We are giong to a tea party to watch the wedding, so later on I am making crown shaped biscuits with boiled sweet 'jewels' to take with me! My eldest boy is wearing red white and blue to school today instead of his uniform - of course we all get the day off tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm excited about the wedding too. Such pagentry, I love all the pomp and circumstance. Your vintage tins are fantastic!! And the thimble is too cool.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. A friend of mine and her coworkers are making facsinator headbands (giant hat thingies) and cake for the Royal Wedding and wearing them on Friday. Total crack up. So fun!

    xo Jeanne
    http://beeskneesbungalow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have so been looking forward to tomorrow. I posted my memories of my London trips!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am also looking forward to the wedding. My Mom went to London many years ago and I'm going to join up with a post showing my presents from there! How fun! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm caught up in the wedding too! Lovely post, Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your post is excellent on prep for the Royal Wedding. I loved your photographs too. Thank You for hosting.........

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't wait to watch the wedding tonight. I taped it! Although I cheated and watched the actual ceremony while I was getting ready for work this morning. Such a lovely event!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...