Saturday, April 23, 2011

Last Minute Easter Centerpiece - Super Easy

Thought I'd post this fun, fast, and easy project I put together this afternoon. Are you in the middle of cooking for Easter Sunday and all of a sudden you realized you forgot the centerpieces? Well, take a look.....super easy.

All you will need is a clear glass vase, some jelly beans, some peeps, a little plant, a swatch of fabric and some Easter grass.

I took the jellybeans and filled the bottom. Then, took the fabric and covered the little petunia plant. Once the plant is placed in the glass vase over the jellybeans, I added the peeps. Not only are they cute, but they help hold the little plant in place. Lastly, I added some paper Easter grass on top at the base of the plant and added a little fabric strip bow. If you have a cute little spring plant pick, you can add that like I did. Possibly, you might be able to find all these things you need already around your house. I just bought the plant and the glass vase.....I could not find the vases I have stored safely in our shed!!!

I think it is cute, simple but cute. I am taking this with us tomorrow as we are going over to my niece's house for Easter dinner. I think she will like it, at least I hope so. She can plant the petunia in her flowerbed after Easter. Serves double duty that way!

Now, I need to get in the kitchen, I have a dessert to make and a side dish!

Happy Easter.....enjoy your day!!

8 comments:

  1. you must have read my mind. My table is bare..but I have ALL of this so I can put it together. I even bought a flat of plants today, I'll just put one of them in a paper cup and put this together! What a fun, easy and fast idea! Thanks so much. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  2. the peeps, peeking out make it! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute! similar to what i did with the lily for the church. :)(no peeps, though!)
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How darling! I'm sure everyone will love it!

    Blessings to you and your family this Easter Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I had to come up with a quick Easter centerpiece, too. I just posted a photo of it. I put some tulips in an Easter basket and they look lovely. Hope you have a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bring home a "human" bag instead of a dogie one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing says Easter like Peeps. Now that I'm older, I can't take the sugar load they provide, so it's good to know you've discovered another use for them. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...