Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Card for a Big Celebration

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a "dog-gone" good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so  please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week.  

Lastly, if you link in, your post needs to include:
1. the LINK back to my blog and or the button for Vintage Thingie Thursday. I have been visiting lately and when I click on a link, there is no mention of Vintage Thingie Thursday or my blog. 

2. make sure your post has something to do with something vintage. All advertisements will be deleted. If you'd like to advertise on my blog, email me, we can work that out. No more free advertising by linking in.  Shame on those who do this, nothing is free in life.


Starting this month, if you fail to either have the button on your blog, or in your blog post and/or have not linked back to my blog in your post. I will delete your link. 

It is not fair to those who follow the rules to allow others not to do so. I am not being ugly, but rules are rules.....in all aspects of life. So if you find your link removed, check your post, you need to see why that happened. Hopefully, I won't have to do that. 


________________________________________________

Last week on April 13th was a very special day for celebration. And in all likelihood, I should have done this post last week. However, I decided to wait until this week because the sweet folks this post is about, had company and were busy celebrating it up big last week.....so we will continue in honoring them this week here on The Coloradolady.

What is the celebration you ask?? Well, here is a vintage card to give a hint as to the occasion.


This cute little vintage card shows a young couple just starting out on their journey. A lot can be said about the beginning and the life long walk you make with someone in this world. My Aunt Joyce and Uncle Hank I feel sure could teach us all a few things on this....you see,  last week, they celebrated their 61st wedding anniversary.

.......and like the little vintage card says, "It is plain to see you're standing well the strain of married life" After 61 years, you still are each others everything. You two are very inspirational to me, because during the hard times, you stuck with it and you made it through and always celebrate the good times in grand style. A lot can be said from being able to live a lifetime with the same person and still enjoy each other the way you two do. What a wonderful gift to be given.

Happy Anniversary of 61 years!!!

I know you had a great week last week, but I felt the celebration was still in order. I love you very much!!!

Thanks to my Aunt LaVoice for the photo....yes I stole it to use today!!!

Happy Vintage Thingie everyone....and let me make one thing clear....my "vintage thingie" is the card, not my sweet aunt and uncle!!!!




23 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to your Aunt & Uncle. 61 years is mighty impressive. By the way, I love your Aunt's owl pendant/necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure they will be shocked and hopefully pleased you honored them for this special occasion. I am glad you did. You know you are welcomed to use anything I have. As always, you did a nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a great post! I admire people who have kept their vows through thick and thin and celebrate their lives together.
    love that little card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful couple! "This is what TRUE LOVE really is"! Happy Anniversary to two Very Special People!
    Hugs to you,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. My younger sisters marriage did not last 61 days, much less even a thought of 61 years. This just does not happen too often these days. Impressive to say the least. Congrats to the lucky and happy couple.

    ps That is one reason I am still single..did not think this type of thing still existed today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your aunt and uncle! How sweet!! Your vintage card is really cute. Thanks for hosting this fun party! And have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To me there is nothing more romantic than to see a couple who have been married for so many years. Congratulations and love to your lovely Aunt and Uncle. And my aren't they cute!! Happy Easter dear Suzanne to you and your family.

    Lots of love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a delightful post Suzanne and what a lovely photo of your aunt Joyce & uncle Hank..61 years that's AMAZING & they only look like they're in their 60s..unbelievable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happiest Anniversary to your aunt and uncle. A wonderful feat.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very very sweet! If Jesus doesn't come back to get us first, I fully intend on hitting that mark as well! What a blessing to be married to the person on earth that you most want to be with!

    Thanks for the fun party again---I love VTT!

    HaPpY vInTaGe ThInGiE tHuRsDaY!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to your Aunt and Uncle! How blessed they are to have had such a strong and lasting marriage for all those years. Thanks for sharing and hosting today. Always a pleasure to participate in VTT!
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. For sure a lovely couple. We all take inspiration from a couple that has managed to be married for 61 years. This Saturday will be 51 for us. All the best to them and the card is so cute. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow ~ 61 years! Congratulations to them! This is my first visit to your blog. I'm visiting from Meme's place ~ I've noticed she participates in this party a lot and I keep thinking it looks like fun. I've got a few great vintage finds around. One of these days I'll join in. Hope you have a lovely rest of the week and Happy Easter! Stop by for a visit if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A long & successful marriage is indeed cause for celebration. We are youngsters , coming up on 40 this year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not a thing wrong with them being vintage Suzanne. Vintage things are beautiful and so are they. also very inspirational. I didn't know LV was your aunt until just recently from reading your FB :) I hope you won't delete my post because it includes a link to my Etsy shop. let me know if this is what you mean by advertisement and I will take it down.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary to your sweet aunt and uncle!
    Congrastulations♥♥
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet post! 61 years is something to be proud of, for sure. Love how the card doesn't sugarcoat "the strain of married life."

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful WOW 61!! Happy Anniversary to you Aunt and Uncle, what a great honor. My grandparents were married 68 years.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank You for hosting today it was great to read your post about your Aunt and Uncle. Have a great Easter......Julian

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Anniversary to your sweet Aunt and Uncle!

    THanks so much for hostessing this fun party! I've just linked up to you!

    Happy Easter!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  21. that was a really good pic of them! Thanks for honoring them! It has definately been through good times and bad! Mom was thrilled to be included in your blog! Love ya! Janna - your bestest cousin

    ReplyDelete
  22. How wonderful! They sure don't look old enough to be married 61 years.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Suzanne, A beautiful example of true love. How wonderful that they have shared all this time together. Just to think of what has happened in the last 61 years.
    Thanks for your visit. I love the HL china as well. I never meant to collect it but it has evolved. I think I now have 5 sets. Not sure if that constitutes a collection but I love it.
    Thank you so much for sharing. Ginger :)

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...