Tuesday, April 5, 2011

First, Fifth, Forever: A Letter Writing Journey - April 2011

It is hard to believe it is April already. Time is marching on..... If you are new here, let me explain what exactly this post is about. This year, I challenged myself to hand write notes and letters to individuals who, one, have been important in my life and two, to bring a bright spot to someone's day. It has been most rewarding for me thus far. You can read about more of this, here. You can also click the archive on my side bar for First, Fifth, Forever to read what others have been doing with this project.

I'd like to thank so many who have joined in this effort, and also the One Fine Blessing effort going on here at The Coloradolady. I have received some very nice emails on this and I know seniors are being blessed each month.

Last month, was my birthday month, and I was surprised by some cards I received from bloggers, and it totally made my day. I'd like to say Thank You again, it is the little things in a day that mean the most. Truly.

This month, I have several thank you letters to write, and another "One fine blessing" Birthday card to send out. I still have a letter I have been putting off writing, and I think this month might be the month to do it.

What about you??? How did your month go and what are you planning on sending out this month?? Please share.





7 comments:

  1. This is so awesome. When researched a phamily history these kinds of things are what make them so wonderful hand written letters and such. I have my mothers 8th grade graduation certificate and it is even sealed with the church seal! I really cherish that so much. Today is the 26th anniversary of the passing of my dad. I love to look over little scrapes of paper he doodled on or wrote his name on. He had a 4th grade education and the most wonderful handwriting. I have to print to make it look wonderful but I just stocked up on the cutest blank noye cards. Thanks for inspiring me today. Love and Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had several Birthday cards I sent and some get well cards also. I am working on a letter to a family member that has slipped out of my life. It's hard to write and I hope he will come back into my life after receiving this. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some birthday cards and Easter cards to make and get in the mail.

    I think what you are doing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I buy some beautiful cards from DenaE and they make sending cards so easy and personal. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What happened? I know there are some that must have forgotten since it is just a once a month post. O, well, you know me, I try to follow the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea-I went back to read more about this on your other post. I send notes and little packages to our grown kids...and to family for their birthdays and I still send out our annual Christmas photo and family letter (since this is often the only other time I send "regular" letters to other family and friends). I love that I have letters from my mom, especially since she has been gone now for 7 years.

    Blessings & Aloha!
    :o) Just now have a wee bit of time to say...thank you so much for stopping by and entering for a chance at one of the Personalized Sketches giveaways. OH! I love how your brown bag quilt challenge turned out!!!! Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic idea this is! I truly love it. I remember when people started having their names printed on their Christmas card and it was "SO BORING"... I ALWAYS looked for just a little note inside each card, and I ALWAYS personalized all of mine...LOVE THAT!!! Thank you SO Much for this idea it's a gem!
    Hugs to you,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...