Friday, September 30, 2011

Five Minute Friday.......on friends

Today I'm linking up to Lisa-Jo aka the gypsy mama, who chooses a topic every Friday and writes for five minutes.

Only five minutes
And the rule is that whatever you write about in that five minutes is what you posts. No editing your thoughts. Today, her topic choice is "on friends....."

Ready. Set. Go......

Friends....they come from all walks of life. They enter our lives sometimes from the unexpected or most times from our own choosing. They are the people who look into our soul and attach themselves to our heart and it is there that they reside.

Friendships....not friends can be tricky. The world we live in today is so fast paced, we hardly take time for ourselves much less our friends. I often wonder that in the race I am running called life, how often I miss something that I should have picked up on. I over look what is right in front of my face and fail to be what we all need in each other....a true friend. Of course when things get tough, or there is a crisis....like a good friend should, I am there, paying attention and trying to make a difference. But what about the times when there is nothing obvious going on and maybe just maybe it is in these times that a friend needs you more than ever. I have learned that during these times the friendship part is strained, sometimes feelings are hurt, and maybe even disappointment sets in. Does that mean you feel less for your friend? I don't think so, it just means the "ship" part that binds two friends together needs more work. It needs more intention and attention. It is something I am working on. I cherish my friends and want their ships to stay in the harbor of my heart.

Some of us are extremely blessed with heart friends. I have had and have lost one of those very treasures this past week. A heart friend, is by my own definition just that. Someone who by the grace of God, crossed our path one day and the connection was there and they became a piece of our heart....forever. The fact that we never met face to face never came into play. It was not what was important. The important part was what each other had in their heart and offered a true friendship based on that. Nothing else. A friendship based on no expectations, just knowing and accepting. No problems with that "ship" between our hearts.

I was looking at some old emails from my very friend the other night and she had wrote to me this past summer and she said, "Friend...I don't deserve you"....I had read that before, but never did it pierce my heart as it did the other night. Oh, she deserved me and all I could have been for her, she deserved so much more and then some. It is me who knows I did not really deserve her...but TREASURE her I do and always will. Friends.....they are the heart of our soul. They bring so much joy and companionship and ease the hard burdens with their encouragement. And when they are gone....they take the piece of our hearts that belonged only to them and carry it with them and we are never the same. STOP.

6 comments:

  1. Sara brought so much joy while she was with us and is still bringing people together even as she has gone home to Jesus. She will always occupy a place in your heart.
    I'm glad I met you this Friday.
    ~ Felecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. some of my most precious friends are ones whom I have never set eyes on. we connect like you said with the heart. the best kind. the most meaningful relationships I have. Good post today. made me stop and think about that "ship" part. I like how you said that. have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm! So true that our friends become a part of ourselves, and vice versa. God did not make us hermits; we need each other and are meant to enrich each other's lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time helps the pain, but nothing erases the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post was lovely, and I agree totally about not always being "tuned in". It is something I strive toward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful read. I do think friends/loved ones take a piece of their heart with them when they pass but in exchange they leave a little bit of theirs to fill up the hole always.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...