Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Tea Set

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a "dog-gone" good time each and every week!!! If you are new to this party, please take the time to read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so  please make sure you follow the instructions. 
Please only ONE link per week.    

This week, I decided to show you my vintage toy china tea set.


I found this one day when I was in a local thrift store. The box was taped up, so I could not even see if all the pieces were there. Luckily, when I got home and opened the box, everything was there and in its place. Looks like it was never used.
I thought this child's tea set was cute, I would have liked it better if it had dogs or even better dachshunds on the china, as I am a dog person. But the kitty cats are really adorable. What caught my eye in the first place was the graphics on the box itself. That alone, gives the hint that it is old. There are no dates on the box at all. The box does say made in china - imagine that. I love to find vintage things with animals on them, I am always drawn to vintage dog things myself, but every once in a while, I'll bring home something besides a dog!


I keep this little tea set in my spare bedroom closet. It safely sits on a shelf, waiting. Waiting for what you ask? Waiting and hoping that I one day have a granddaughter. A granddaughter who will want to have tea parties with her teddy bears and will put this to good use. It is being saved for a special little person.

Hope you enjoyed a glimpse of this vintage cutie!




21 comments:

  1. Suzanne,
    I had one of those little tea sets as a child. They were so dainty and pretty! Here's hoping you get that granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus, it reminds you of the little girl inside of you :) That's how I feel when I look at something special from my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little Tea set Suzanne. Very sweet thing to save for a precious granddaughter.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a little tea set in a box much like that one--don't know where it came from or anything, but I do remember my mom having a FIT when I gave it to a friend who visited one day(I would have given away my baby brother, she said, if half a chance arose!lol).
    Your set is adorable--my Redhead would have an "ohhhhh!" moment over the kitties!
    I hope the granddaughter blissfully appears sooner than later. :)
    Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to admit how many child-sized tea sets I own. It's an addiction. Your kitty set is just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a collector of tea sets and have two of the toy variety. I love your set, its so sweet with the kitty design. How adorable. Thanks for hosting........

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kitties look cute on things as well as puppies. I think this is a neat child's tea set. Joyce Cooper has an old set too, but forgot what was on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for hosting this fun Thursday party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for hosting this fun meme...
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzanne, I love the sweet child's tea set. The kittens are charming. A great find and a special gift for a special child some day.

    Thanks for hosting this fun vintage party.
    XO Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzanne, that is the sweetest little kitty cat teaset!! It will be perfect for a special little person some day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet little tea set. I wish I had one when I was a child.

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mom has several tea sets, it's one of her collections. She has lots of granddaughters and nieces and grandnieces everyone wants to have tea with Grandma/Aunt Sue. Funny, when I was a kid we just used regular tea cups. Maybe grandchildren bring out our inner child? (I asked her about all her sets once and she said she wanted to give one set to each granddaughter, that's why she has collected so many.) Happy Thursday, Suzanne. Thanks for inviting us all on this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. At least your wee tea set gets to come out and have its picture taken once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for hosting such a fun party! I love your tea set!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this precious tea set! I have a room full of dolls and fun stuff...just for me! lol I linked up this morning! Thank you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. I sure hope you get that little special granddaughter some day. Your set is very cute-the kitty cats are adorable. I love the orange box too. I used to take a square table on my front cement path to my house and age 6 or 7 (my parents told me) and have tea parties.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suzanne your vintage item today goes with my post purrfectly! I love the cat on the tea set. I have a small tea set with flowers on it, hoping for a Grandgirl one day also. Thanks for hosting this fun party! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. adore the toy tea set with the kitties!

    so perfect...

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm a cat person, so I love your tea set!!! Thanks for hosting the party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Suzanne, wouldn't it be FUN to have a little granddaughter to play tea party with? Lately everyone in our family is having BOYS!

    I had a little tea set like that when I was a child, back in dinosaur days -- with a very similar box, so it's probably from the early-ish 60s. Mine had little pink flowers, and I have no idea where it ended up. My Mom had a tendency to give our toys to needy kids!

    Thanks for hosting, Cass

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...