Tuesday, September 27, 2011

One Fine Blessing ~ Senior Birthdays - October List- UPDATED

 I'd like to thank each and every one who has emailed about this little (big) thing we do each month at The Coloradolady. It has been a real inspiration and blessing to so many. It is an honor to be able to do this each month.

Here is the list for October. Thank you to all who submitted a name for this month. Remember if you have someone you'd like to add to the list, please shoot me an email.

Please add this special senior to the list!!

The first special senior is: TONY

Tony has been battling cancer since last summer. In late July he met with some major challenges in his fight.   At this time he is holding his own and says he's feeling a bit better. I'm sure he's feeling better than he did when he was admitted to the hospital in late July. Tony will be 65 on his Birthday


BIRTHDAY:
October 1

Tony Young
4343 S TR 159
Tiffin, OH 44867


 I would like to shower Tony with birthday cards. I think this would help make his day.
Tony would also appreciate it if you would keep him and I in your thoughts and prayers over these next challenging weeks and hopefully months.

The second special senior is Iris Fransz.

Iris is recently living alone.  she loves to garden.  she is on limited income with little for extras.

BIRTHDAY: OCTOBER 16

IRIS FRANSZ
7641 LINDEN CT
NEWARK CA 94560-2237

The third special senior is Jim Smith.

Jim will be 87 and has recently moved to an assisted-living facility. It is a struggle for him as he has always been so independent and neat but he is just not able to keep up anymore. His cat disappeared in the turmoil and even though he was tagged & chipped, the cat has not been found. So Dad is extra lonely right now.

BIRTHDAY:  October  25

Jim Smith
1010 Emerald Isle #122
Dallas, TX 75218


The fourth special senior is Bill Kline.
Bill  will be 82 on his birthday. He has some medical problems, so he is home bound. He was a hard worker all of his life, so for him to be in the house most of the time is really hard for him. So I thought maybe some cards would cheer him up.

BIRTHDAY: October 29
 Bill Kline
113 Hemlock Dr.
Hanover, PA 17331


The fifth special senior is Hank Walker.

Hank will be 82 on his birthday. He and his wife are on limited incomes but still like to get out and see and do things even with his limited mobility. He has a great outlook on life and always has a smile on his face. In this family, there is always a little rivalry on who gets the most birthday cards, and well, he has always lost this race so many times. I think flooding his mailbox with cards would really be a fun thing...maybe he will win this years friendly competition and get the most cards.

BIRTHDAY: October 31

Hank Walker
11010 First Beach Cove
Hernando, Mississippi 38632

Thank you in advance for supporting this senior endeavor here on my blog. It really is a blessing you could not even imagine when these seniors get a card and a dollar. Be SURE to come back to my First, Fifth Forever post on October 5th. You don't want to miss the feedback I got on our September birthday girl. It will break your heart and fill it up with joy all at the same time. Good stuff.

And if you can send a dollar in your card, that is great. If you can not do it...a card goes a long way in letting someone know they were remembered on their birthday!! Thanks again for all you do!!


8 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful, special service that you have begun Suzanne! I am honored to be a part of it and I can only imagine the surprise for our special seniors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, thank you so much for starting this wonderful ministry and allowing me to take part in it. I really enjoy mailing a birthday wish to our special seniors and can only imagine their surpise! You are a very special person for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. October is a great month and I will be sending out these cards for sure! I am so happy to be a part of this! Thanks, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great thing you are doing. I will defiantely get some cards w/$ in the mail to these fine people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the sweetest, most generous idea I have seen in a long time. Bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting this months list Suzanne! This is a great thing!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the October list, Suzanne. I already sent Tony his card, since he is only one state a way it should make it on time. I'll prepare and have the others ready to go shortly. I feel so good about doing this and brightening their day. Debbie Postmaster

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sending Tony a belated card but I am going to get busy and shop for cards for all these birthday babies! I felt so overwhelmed when I read about Mary Ellen. I am glad I participated and I am thrilled she got new shoes! I am glad I sent my card early! Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...