Monday, December 15, 2008

Blue Monday: Quilted Ornaments, Smiling Snowmen and a Holiday Print

Happy Blue Monday everyone! Blue Monday is hosted by Smiling Sally and she keeps us all in good spirits to start off the week. Click HERE to visit Sally's blog and visit all the other Blue Monday participants. I have a few more Christmas items that have blue in them to show you today....

This print was acquired from my mother in law's estate. This is a wonderful Christmas print of Krug Park in St. Joseph Missouri. The print is by Augustine Heckman titled "Honk the Horn, Daddy! There are lots of blues in this print, the photo does not do it justice. My husbands family was originally from St. Joe, and this is a print of the Boulevard running through Krug Park and depicts how is was decorated during the holiday season. This really a special piece in our holiday collection.

Here is a photo of my Debbie Mumm platter of happy snowmen. This sits on my kitchen counter and keeps me of good cheer while I cook during the holiday season.

Here is a photo of one of my quilted angel ornaments on my tree. I have several of these, but this one had more blue on her wings.

Here is a vintage blue and red quilted star ornament. The principal at my kid's elementary school quilted several of these ornaments and I purchased them at a silent auction.

This lovely angel was another ornament purchased at the silent auction from the school. These are real treasures, and I love it that they are made from vintage quilts.

Have a great Blue Monday everyone!! Be sure to click HERE and enter this weeks giveaway....this is the last week in my Christmas Cheer 5 week giveaway.

23 comments:

  1. I am coming through the computer screen to snatch those absolutely adorable quilted ornaments! Can we say CUTE??? Oh, be still my heart! So precious! Loved your other goodies, too. Thank you for sharing. Just cuteness personified.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute quilted ornaments!
    Happy Blue Monday
    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...I'm loving that fabulous print! It looks sofa size...also, cute, cute ornaments on your tree... ;-) BO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Honk your horn, Daddy picture; it reminds me of encouraging my Daddy to drive faster when I was a kid. Funny how I thought that I really helped! I like your platter and your special ornaments. Happy Blue Monday!

    Your Permalink would look like this:

    http://coloradolady.blogspot.com/2008/12/blue-monday-quilted-ornaments-smiling.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those quilted ornaments! Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We loved all the quilted ornaments but we love you the most

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love,love those quilted ornaments----thanks for visiting my blog.


    sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the quilted ornaments. So cute! Thank you for sharing. Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilted ornaments make me want to learn to make those. They are just precious. I love the painting also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning to you! That print really is something special. Love the plate and all the sweet quilted ornaments too. Have a wonderful week Coloradolady!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite is the print. Guess you never showed it to me, but I love most art work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The ornaments are adorable...shame on Magpie over there...wanting to snatch them...lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the quilted star the best. That prints looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi!!
    Love those quilted ornaments.
    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet your Christmas tree is gorgeous with the quilted ornaments! Such character and hard work really show.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilted ornaments are oh, so cute and I love the Mumm plate as well. How nice to have a picture that has special meaning and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo, another lady that has found uses for vintage "overly loved" quilts. I love anything made with them..Happy Blue Monday and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! I never knew there were prints of Krug Park out there. The road that runs through the park has 2 tunnels on it. That one in the print (which is considered the castle tunnel) and one up the road a ways that is twice as long. As children, my siblings and I always asked Mom and Dad to honk the horn. That's just what you do when you go through the tunnels. Right now that park is lit up with gorgeous Christmas lights and decorations (they do it every year). Do you have any idea where/how your mother-in-law acquired the picture?

    Thank you so much for posting!
    (I found you because I have St. Joseph set up on Google Alerts) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love that print! How wonderful to have it. And the quilted ornaments are so sweet. They give me an idea. . .

    ReplyDelete
  20. What sweet little ornaments. They are so precious. I also love that little plate of yours. So cute! I love your picture too. Happy blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like how you tilted those pictures of the ornaments and put them in frames. That looks so terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love handmade decorations! I do the crossstich ones but this is the second year I haven't done any. Been distracted I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the quilted ornaments!! I really enjoyed reading about your blue items. I think I've come to your blog twice this time from links from other blogs. I must check out the rest of your blog. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...