~Francis C. Farley
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
This is the final week in my Christmas Cheer Giveaway Event. I hope you have had a good time during the last few weeks and had a chance to reflect on memories, love and family, and recall things that are near and dear to the heart of each of us.
Christmas time is a wonderful time to give from the heart. There are many ways to do that very thing. The first and foremost thing most of us think about is the giving of gifts. Gifts come in many forms....some give the gift of their time to various charities or individuals. Some give gifts of the heart, with homemade crafted items or goods from their kitchen. Some of us give the monetary gifts to organizations who help those in need.
All of these things are wonderful during the holiday season and show our love of giving and helping our neighbor. Those who give are always blessed beyond measure.
With that being said, this last giveaway I have put together a package of holiday items and something that will keep on giving to one lucky family during this coming year. Grab a cup of coffee, sit back and I hope you get excited when you see what is included in this final package....I told you last week....I saved the best for last!
This package will include items that I love and hope you will too. Some of these items have a rustic or woodland feel......something very dear to my heart.
Included is the following:
- one fleece blanket, for cuddling under on a cold night.
- This cute little woodland snowman puzzle will be fun to put together in front of a fire.
- Who would not feel welcome with this cute snowman sign? He is sure to bring smiles when greeting guest.
- a coffee gift set with 5 different flavor coffees, perfect for the coffee drinker on your Christmas list.
- This cute little snowflake shaped woodland Christmas ornament will remind you of a wonderful place.
- I have included a tin of Holiday Spiced Tea. Perfect for those cold days in the winter.
- A gift bag filled with an adorable polar bear on the front, this has Winter Frost fragrance soaps, gels, scrubs, bath oils. Perfect for relaxing in a warm bath.
- I had to include these two cute Letters to Santa ornaments....Yep, you guessed it, because I think these are just too cute.
This vacation includes and is limited to the following:
- One week stay during the 2009 season for a family of up to six people. Your reservation must be made before the end of March 2009 and you will have the choice of any available week between June-September at the time of your reservation. Please keep in mind, I already have some weeks rented, so you will need to confirm as soon as you know what week you would like.
- This is good only for the 2009 season.
- Transportation is not included in this package. You will have to provide your own transportation.
- All deadlines must be met in booking your reservation.
You can click HERE to view our website at our cabin in the mountains. I hope that you will find that this would be a great opportunity for your family to share my love for the mountains and all its beauty. It is my hope that this is a gift that will keep on giving long after the holiday season.
Leave a comment on this post. Most of you have shared so many wonderful memories of holidays past and I have enjoyed each and every comment you have left. Please remind me if you have my button on your blog or have blogged about this Holiday Cheer Event.
Make sure you leave your email address, if it is not displayed on your blog. I need to be able to contact the winner. You do not have to have a blog to enter, only a email address.
Holidays always mean family, friends and food....with that being said, in your comment for this giveaway share with us the one must have food dish on your holiday table. Do you have a particular favorite? Is it a tradition? Do you make it or a loved one?
~For my family our holiday must have is Coke Salad. This is always made by my mom every year and I can not ever remember a Christmas without it. It is my favorite thing
during the holiday season. I actually think if there was one serving left in the bowl my niece and I would have to fight over it. We love this dish. I have included the recipe here if you would like to try it.
1 large box cherry jello, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup chopped pecans, 6 oz. of cold coke, 1/2 cup water, 1 can crushed pineapple, do not drain, 1 can red pitted cherries, do not drain.
Mix and boil cherries, water and sugar in a saucepan. Pour over jello and mix in bowl. Add pineapple and pecans. Add 6 oz. coke last and stir. refrigerate until jello sets up. This looks very festive in a clear glass bowl.
If you do not have a holiday favorite dish, I would like to encourage you to start the tradition and find a family favorite. Like the holidays, family and food go together and lots of great memories are made around a holiday table.
Good luck everyone. This giveaway will run through noon on Saturday, December 20th. Winner will be announced soon after the giveaway closes and will be chosen by Random.org. I would like to mail the box out on Saturday so you will hopefully have it before the holidays. Please be sure to check back here on Saturday when I announce the winner.