Sunday, January 10, 2010

Check In and a New Recipe......

This week for my weight journey post, I wanted to post the entire diet, but quickly found out that this is so long. Likewise, if I included the important information that goes along with the diet the post would be so ridiculously long, no one would read them. With that being said, if you would like a copy of the diet, please email me and I will send it to you right away in the form of an email attachment. I have to refer to my diet plan often, and it really would be easier if it was in your hand, than trying to read it off a computer screen. Thanks to my son for helping me get it into a format that I could email out.....so thankful!

Going to see my nutritionist is not cheap, it is not covered by my insurance, but if my journey will help someone else, I am glad to blog about my journey.Please, if anyone is reading this and has severe health problems..chronic problems, fighting cancer...email me, and I really want to put you in contact with this office. They treat people all over the country, do phone consultations, and ship supplements. You can not imagine how much a role your diet has in beating health issues. I go visit my nutritionist and instead of talking about myself, I find myself asking about health problems of fellow bloggers I have read about....finally, she told me to tell anyone who needs help to call...they treat people all over the country...so there it is....I want you to know, there is help and hope...I truly believe it or I would not take the time to do these post. But I also believe many would just like a good diet to follow, one that they would see results pretty quick..so I am posting about that here too...hopefully, someone in need will find the way to make a change.

I am slowly getting back on board...and let me stress slowly. It seems since the holidays, I have had a real struggle committing to not "have a taste" of this or that, things I know I am not supposed to have. And well, I know myself....a taste usually will not do....it leads to a larger sampling. I'm glad I did not mark the 1st as the day to get in gear, even though I did say something like "soon after" the 1st. This next week, I am going to do it...stay focused, eat what I am supposed to....get in gear..... and since I have to report back here next week....well...maybe that will help to motivate me to stick with the plan.... I did not weigh myself this week....no need to....Next week, we will see. I don't think there is any reason to weigh if I KNOW there is no reason to weigh....

My week goals: (1) Eat the recommended vegetables per day....(this is the hardest part for me for some reason) (2) Drink my recommended amount of water daily (3) get back to eating breakfast, no matter how late I wake up or in a hurry I am (4) leave the Peanut brittle my son brought into the house alone. It is one of my favorites, and well...(those little tastes) are really adding up.

Uhh......what a set of goals.....but for myself, it will have to be enough this week. I want to leave you with a recipe I tried this week. It was good, but I don't care for olives, so I picked them out. It was super easy, no fuss type of dinner. Honestly, I should have not had the rice, but darn it was good. Served this with a large salad, and it was a great dinner. Don't let the olives steer you away, the flavor of the meat is really good, and if you are one of those folks who love olives, (like my husband) then you will really enjoy this dish.



Mediterranean Style Beef Dinner



You will need:
2 pounds beef cut into ½ to ¾ inch pieces
2 cans (14½ to 15 ounces each) chili-seasoned diced tomatoes,undrained
1 cup olives, pitted, cut in half ( I used Spanish and black olives)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
pinch of oregano
crumbled feta cheese
Cooked basmati rice

Cut up meat into 1/2 to 3/4 inch peaces. Season meat with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and oregano. Place beef, tomatoes and olives in 3½ to 5½-quart slow cooker.

I took out the pimento from the Spanish olives...just because I don't like it. Go ahead and leave it in if you want...but remember, I don't care for olives...or pimento...so I had to eliminate one of them.

Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours, or on HIGH 5 to 6 hours, or until beef is fork-tender. This does not need to be stirred during cooking. Just place it in the slow cooker and forget about it. LOVE that!


Serve over rice if desired.( I desired) Sprinkle with feta cheese on top before servings.
Serves 4 to 6

I don't have the exact calorie calculations, but this really should not be too high in calories, especially if you cut the amount of rice or eliminate the rice all together....but I did not do that, I love basmati rice....just sayin'

14 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne,
    Thank you so much for this recipe. I love all of the ingredients. I've gotten in a bit of a rut cooking, this will help shake me out! I believe you can actually get brown basmati rice for fewer empty calories, but you probably know that.
    Good luck with your journey to health. I very much enjoyed reading your post.
    And by the way, I like the pretty new look of your blog. A change is fun, isn't it.
    Take care,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Suzanne, I find another thing we have in common, I am also struggling to get back on track after the Holidays, I have a problem with just 1 taste...yea right, 1 taste turns into 2..... But I went to Dr yesterday for my check up and have only gained 1 lb in the month I have taken off from Nutrasystem. I start back full time tomorrow and will try to eat all my recommended veggies. That is one of the hardest things for me also.
    We CAN DO it. Love this recipe, will have to make it for DH.
    Good luck and stay strong
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation..on your new weight loss adventure!! I say adventure because it is not easy..I know!!But you sound like you are on the right track!!!Thanks for sharing the recipes.Will be thinking of you ALL week and praying for your commitment!!Please if you think of me I would appreciate it.I too am making this week my kick off week!!!!Your journey friend Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband saw this Beef dish and we decided we will try it. It looks delicious. Good luck to you in your journey of weight loss. Making that commitment is the hard part but getting those veggies can be easy. We "juice" and I love celery (joints), carrots (eyes just like mom told you!) cucumber (GERD) and beets (iron). We slam down those juices in the morning and they curb our appetite too. They really work for us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that seems simple. Must try it. I have one of your issues - eating in the morning. It's just so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to try your recipe. It sounds fab.

    Keep up the good work.

    Blessings,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like olives, Susie, but I can't have much rice--at least not as much as I'd like! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum this looks good. Thanks for sharing...I've just made a pledge to take better care of myself in 2010 and losing weight is part of that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are many that are trying to change their ways of eating to gain good health - I'm right along with you! Veggies are hard to squeeze in - I've never loved them - and there are very few I like - beets and olives and green peppers are not in my 'favorites' list! I've slowly tried to add different veggies into my recipes - change is always hard at first!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzanne,
    Thanks for the recipe. I think it sounds good and I love the fact that it's a "throw it in the crock pot and forget it" kind of meal.
    I'm with you about olives...I never acquired a taste for them.
    Have a great week.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh this looks just delish..I love olives AND pimento so this works just fine! thanks for sharing!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. made this recipe last night. so easy and delicious. thanks for making my hubby happy. also made you hand cream for friends and we all love it!
    debbi in illinois

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Suzanne,
    A fellow need to lose weight person who is having trouble dropping those pounds. I would like to receive a copy of your diet plan please. Keep up the good work.
    Gohoshigata@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...