Friday, October 21, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Beyond..........

Today I'm linking up to Lisa-Jo aka the gypsy mama, who chooses a topic every Friday and writes for five minutes. 

Only five minutes

And the rule is that whatever you write about in that five minutes is what you posts. No editing your thoughts. Today, her topic choice is "Beyond....."

Ready. Set. Go......


Comfort comes in routines or things that become habit. It is a place where one has decided that it is a safe place to be. There are no limits in this comfy place, no restraints, no unpleasant feelings. Consequently in this very comfortable place is also where one can become by choice, unaware of the destruction on the horizon. It is easy to live with your head in the sand so to speak. It is where decisions become hard to make and motivation to do so seem to have disappeared. It is where one might find themselves on the road to giving up and accepting instead of looking beyond what could be and what that would feel like.

I find myself at that very place today. I have been comfortable. I have ignored what I need to do to make a change. Not because I don't want to make that change. It is because it has become hard to look beyond the unpleasant feelings and struggles I will face to get to where I know I need to be. It is the shame that comes from  allowing myself all the comfort which has me in this situation in the first place.

It is hard to look beyond all of that mess and know that it is paramount to do something. Anything to jump start that motivation to move away from the comfort zone. It is overwhelming. It is a little depressing. It can be exhausting to think about. It is where excuse after excuse comes to mind as to why this has become so difficult. It is where looking beyond all the uncomfortable must happen and action must take place.

So today, as I type this and time is running out. Beyond is where I need to find myself. Beyond the comfort. Beyond the easy. Beyond the fear. It is time to visualize beyond the looming struggles is a place I'd much rather be and know I must put forth a great effort to be there. It is time to create a game plan, a force of action. It is time to visualize myself in that place....Beyond.
......Stop.

10 comments:

  1. woh, suzanne.

    woh, woh, woh, WOH.

    seriously. i am SO glad to have found you as my 'before' today. i really needed to read this. whatever your struggle, you are not alone.

    god is calling me to a place of change, too. to create a plan of action, which i have recently been motivated to to, even though it's awkward, painful, uncomfortable. but i know it's necessary and in it, there's a richer and fuller life for me.

    i will pray for you in earnest as i go about my own journey, suzanne.

    again, thank you. SO glad to have the good fortune of being your 'after' today. :)

    xo

    p.s. i just noticed 'weight loss journey' in your tags, which is also what i was referencing. truly, all the more reason god had me here today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. Suzanne. I am the queen of excuses. I am in the same place big time. Too hard to get to where I need to be so I don't start. I won't forget this post today, and I can just imagine it playing over and over in my head. This may be the push I needed. What a great post. It certainly spoke volumes to me today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been in this place before. Many, many times in my life. Something that actually really helped me was reading "Eat That Frog" by Brian Tracy. It give wonderful advice on how to start and complete goals, whatever that goal may be. Goals are how we move forward. Plans toward our goals are how we get there. And most importantly, just start. Everyday, do something that will help you reach your goal. It sounds like the change you are trying to make will be challenging and perhaps emotional and rough. I hope you find the opportunity to go beyond and that, as you do, you will be blessed with comfort and motivation to continue. Take care.

    P.S. Thank you for stopping in...and for your beautiful comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Suzanne. I hear you today! Exactly. I want to change, but I don't want to do the work that I know will hurt. Thank you so much for sharing this!
    -Phoebe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I don't think I could do that... I would need 5 minutes just to think of what I wanted to say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzanne--stopping by today via Lisa-Jo's Five Minute post on Beyond.

    What you have to say is just such beautiful worship. The reality of a change--the reality of obedience to it.

    Rich blessings as He leads you, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It give wonderful advice on how to start and complete goals, whatever that goal may be. Goals are how we move forward. Plans toward our goals are how we get there. And most importantly, just start. Everyday, do something that will help you reach your goal. It sounds like the change you are trying to make will be challenging and perhaps emotional and rough. I hope you find the opportunity to go beyond and that, as you do, you will be blessed with comfort and motivation to continue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can relate to this writing today. You have a knack for these five minute writing sessions. I am glad you are enjoying your time with the blog and your writing and of course the quilting! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Suzzane, just 5 mins are not enough to express your thoughts. it takes me more than an hour to write, what's in my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...