Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Fire King Casserole Pans


Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a "dog-gone" good time each and every week!!! If you are new to this party, please take the time to read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so  please make sure you follow the instructions. 
Please only ONE link per week. 

This week, I have a few lucky finds for the kitchen. About a month ago, I found this loaf pan made by Fire King one day while I was out and about. I liked the pattern, and well....honestly....it was fire king, so I had to have it!! 


Well, while on a short trip to Colorado a couple of weeks ago......I found the 8x8 casserole pan in the same pattern. This pattern is called "Candleglow". I think it is so sweet. I thought it was rather lucky to come across another piece so quickly. Hopefully, I will find a few more pieces.

Now.....here is a real find.....Just look at this Vintage Goodwill sign that was in a town in Colorado. Love it and the mountains in the background......really love the sign.

See???? There is even the modern sign on the side of the building...but it was the vintage one that caught my eye and caused me to turn around abruptly and go inside......you just never know what you will find!!!

I'd like to remind you to visit THIS POST......There is a Secret Santa swap here this year at the Coloradolady!! I'd love to have you join in on the fun!!! You will need to sign up at THE SSS post, not this one!!

I have had an email from a blogger in Canada and Australia....wanting to be paired up with a blogger from their country, as shipping is so expensive to the states from there. Please if you are thinking about signing up and the shipping has kept you from doing so, I will be more than happy to pair you up with someone from Canada or Australia. Please shoot me an email and join us!!!

Don't forget......Visit the SECRET SANTA SOIREE post for all the 411 on this upcoming event!!! Be sure to grab a button and help direct folks here to sign up. This is going to be limited to the first 100 to sign up....so don't delay!!!

Have a great Vintage Thingie Thursday!!!!



19 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne! I am always attracted to a Goodwill Store ~ especially one with a vintage sign. Love your Fire King too!! Thanks for hosting.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pattern on the casseroles. Most of the old vintage signs are gone and replaced with new ones here. That is a really good one.
    Have a great Fall, and thanks for hosting.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like you're on a roll with those pretty Fire King dishes. I haven't seen an old GW sign in ages. I would have stopped in hopes of finding some great vintage treasures.
    Thanks so much for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting Thingie Thursday. I drop by every day to see what's happening on your blog.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find in those vintage FireKing casserole dishes! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love finding olden Fire King dishes.
    Thanks so much for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow I love that old Goodwill sign. And the Fire King dishes are really pretty. Love the design.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like that dish pattern. Wish I could be so lucky as to run into it around here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so agree- used to have a goodwill store in next town, now gone -miss it!
    cool post...

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you went thrifting in Colorado, does it get any better than that? I want to visit Colorado so badly, and to think of finding a thrift store there, especially one with a vintage sign! Thanks for hostessing a great party!

    Mary @ Redo 101

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that vintage Goodwill sign! I have a casserole dish and some little bowls in that same Fire King pattern I think. I'm not at home to check for sure...maybe I can find a photo in my archives! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish we were back there visiting that Goodwill store. They probably have a lot more of these dishes by now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the vintage sign...makes you smile to see it! And this pattern is very nice! Enjoy your day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fire-King is always on my treasure-hunt list. You made some great finds! Lucky you!!! Thanks for hosting the party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That GW sign is way COOL!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dang if I don't have several loaf pans and round glass bakin' dishes like those in green and yellow...they were weddin' gifts...almost 39 years ago. Guess their vintage huh? Hehehehe!

    God bless you day sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Why is it that recipes just turn out better when they're put together in vintage kitchenware?
    Thrilled to have found your blog and its weekly get-together!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything taste and looks better in vintage cookware. Thanks for hosting this great party!!!

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! I just found your blog & the Vintage Thingies meme. Have followed you and look forward to Thursday! How fun!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...