Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Shakers - A Special Gift

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a "dog-gone" good time each and every week!!! If you are new to this party, please take the time to read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so  please make sure you follow the instructions. 
Please only ONE link per week. 

It is always fun to get a surprise in the mail. That happened this very week when I received a package from a blogging friend.  Can you just imagine how thrilled I was when I opened the box??? Believe me.....I was!!

This special gift came in the original box which I just loved!! My friend Danica over at Happy Girl said these were her grandmothers and she always thought about me when she saw them sitting on a shelf.

She said she knew I'd love them and appreciate them. And I Oh, So Do!!!  Look at the delicate pattern. I was touched beyond words that Danica thought that these would have a lovely home in my house. They are a real treasure.

Here is the stamp on the bottom of one of the shakers. These don't look to have ever been used. Very special gift from a very special friend. I found this information on the shakers on line:

GOLDEN RHAPSODY by KAYSONS GRAY & GOLD LEAVES, COUPE SHAPE, GOLD TRIM. This popular, vintage pattern of Japanese imported fine china is circa 1961 and is no longer being made. The delicate pattern and porcelain of the china makes it very elegant, yet heavy enough to be serviceable for daily use.

These very quickly found a home in my china cabinet among all the other delicate china pieces I so treasure. They will be well loved here at my house, and Danica if you ever find that there is a point in  your life you'd like to have your grandmothers shakers back.....you know where to find them.

I really think they look like they have belonged among my other treasures all along. The patterns I have in this china cabinet are all a little different, but all very delicate in nature.   I love these little shakers and treasure the sweet friend who thought enough of me to send them my way! Totally made my week sweet girl!!

Hope you all have a very happy Vintage Thingie Thursday!!

Don't forget.....last few days to sign up for the Secret Santa Swap is HERE .......signups end on the 30th!!


21 comments:

  1. Greetings Suzanne!

    Oh what lovely gifts you received!!! :) If I received something sweet like that from a friend, it would make my day too!!! :)

    I hadn't linked up in awhile, and so glad that I am able to this week. Thank you kindly for hosting a lovely link party about Vintage Things!!! :)


    Cheers,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to get a gift of something that you like and that it would be vintage makes it twice as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I am going to have to talk to Danica.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend gifted you with a treasure. Yes they do fit right in with the your other pieces. I'm sure you'll think of her when you see them.
    Thanks for hosting.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful thing for your friend to do! they are so pretty! thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these are very pretty...and your friend is very sweet....and so are you!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice that Danica thought to send her grandma's lovely salt and pepper set where they would be appreciated and well-cared for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those S&P's are so lovely and are in perfect condition! What a sweet gift. Thanks for hosting Suzanne!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a thoughtful gift your friend gave you. The love she had for her Grandmother and she gave them to you...lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am beyond thrilled that you love them!

    I have a secret....there were TWO sets so I have the other matching set. :-) I don't think my grandmother ever used them. She was a collector of all things. But I knew when I ran across the second set, in the original box, that you would take very good care of them.

    They do look like they fit right in.

    Enjoy them! You and LV have always been so sweet to me. It's about time I spread the love.

    Take care my friend!
    Danica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzanne how sweet of Danica! I can tell they are treasured by you. Thanks for hosting this fun party each week. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great vintage set of salt & pepper. So pretty! Love the box! How sweet of your firiend!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet gift from your friend. I love it when someone sends me something they KNOW I will love.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love them... I had some pieces of that pattern... I think I use the plates now under my plants... oh dear...maybe I better clean them up!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a generous gift! They are elegant.

    I finally joined VTT this week, but I decided I'd do my salt and pepper shakers another week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Blogging friends are great!!! Thanks for the party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are great. Reminds me of my mothers china. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi There
    happy vintage thursday

    thanks for the linky party

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your s&p, they look great on your table! Thanks for hostessing another great linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your surprise! And I am looking forward to browsing some fun-looking sites this evening.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...