Monday, October 10, 2011

You Better Watch Out! It's Time for The Secret Santa Soiree Swap


It's NEVER to early to start thinking about Christmas...

No, I have not lost my mind......people...organizing fun things takes a little thought and time!! So....even though we are not even to Halloween yet.....today I am gonna talk SECRET SANTA!!!!

I have decided since this will be the first time ever to host the Secret Santa Soiree to keep it simple. Georgie from Decisionally Challenged has hosted this wonderful event for the past three years and passed it on to me last year when she decided to retire. I hope I will keep this running as smoothly and simple as possible. Georgie did a fantastic job of this!  I have tried to outline the important stuff below.

If you want to show the bloggy world you are participating and send some folks this way to join in the fun, there are some buttons to grab at the bottom of the page. These are the same ones Georgie used, so hopefully, some of the old participants will recognize them and hop on board!! I have no idea how to add a code to these for the link part, so you will have to add the photo and link it back to this post. IF anyone does know how to do that and wants to help a technical challenged blogger out, let me know!!

This is going to be A LOT of fun and I am so glad you all want to be part of the first ever Secret Santa Soiree hosted here at The Coloradolady...so on with the show...

*How It Works*

You have between now and the end of October to sign up. Feel free to spread the word of our Secret Santa Soiree here at The Coloradolady. This will be limited to the first 100 bloggers who sign up.  When the sign up ends (around Oct 30th) I will match everyone up with a SSS exchange partner-I hope to have that done by Nov 10th then you will shop and ship your gift by Dec 10th.

*411*

1) You must have a blog so that when your gift(s) start rolling in you can post pics and blog your lil ♥ out about how GREAT your Secret Santa Soiree exchange partner is.

2) You must not share your partner's address with anyone else-
The only two people who will ever see your full name and address will be myself and your partner. Under no circumstances are you to share that private information with any other blogger.

3) The spending limit will be  $20.00 (not including shipping) if you choose to spend more that is fine, but PLEASE do not be upset if your SSS partner does not. You can spend the money anyway you'd like by buying small gifts or one gift. The choice is yours. I have found that most people do enjoy several smaller packages to open as opposed to one, but the choice is yours.


4) When you're ready to ship your gift, make sure you buy delivery confirmation (DC). This will serve as proof that you actually did ship your gift to your partner, you will then need to email me the delivery confirmation number.

5)
a) In order to sign up you may leave a comment to this post and Be sure to link in at the bottom of the post using the linky as well.

b) BUT ALSO you will need to email me You can click on the "contact me" on the right sidebar  with your shipping info-this will be the ONLY way I can be certain you want to be a part of the SSS.  PLEASE put SSS in your subject line and also include a link to your blog-obviously I don't know everyone's real names yet so it's helpful if you give me the name you post under along with your blog link. Once I receive your email with your shipping information, I will email you a short questionnaire that needs to be filled out and returned to me via email. This will give your swap partner some ideas of your likes, dislikes and so forth. **** If you are willing to be a Secret Santa to a international friend. Please let me know in the email with your shipping information. I really want to include international bloggers as well, so I need to make sure you would be willing to ship/swap with an international blogger.  Simply -  (I will exchange with a International friend) is enough to let me know you are willing to ship internationally.

6) You MUST ship by Dec 10th-feel free to get creative with your return address (remember, it is a Secret Santa exchange) while keeping in mind the rules and regs of USPS or your shipping carrier of choice

7) Probably the most important bit of 411-This is a SECRET Santa soiree so PLEASE do not share who your exchange partner is...you want to keep them guessing right?


*How to Participate*

In case you are still a lil bit confused, email me by clicking on the "contact me" button on my right sidebar  your shipping information. (include yes I will ship internationally or no thank you)  When you receive the questionnaire by email, complete and return as soon as possible the last day is Oct 30th. Check your email on or before November 10th for your swap partner and information.  Shop for your SSS partner and remember while you are out trying to find the perfect gift(s) your SSS partner is doing the same for you. Ship By Dec 10th-dont forget the DC, when your gift arrives BLOG about it, take pictures, let the whole blog-O-sphere know how much fun you had participating in The Secret Santa Soiree. 

Feel free to grab a button and link back to my blog to spread the word~ 





Please, please if you sign up make sure you are going to follow through. This is really a lot of fun during the holidays and once you commit to being a Secret Santa, make sure you will be able to follow through. It just makes is a lot easier on everyone and no feelings are hurt!! Now.....Let The Fun Begin!!!



44 comments:

  1. My first to join! Looks like this gonna be fun ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know me, I am forever sticking my neck out on these things. I linked in, but do not know if it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so much fun!!! I can just feel the joyful air right now. That wonderful time of the year is just right around the corner now. Don't worry you will do good as a host of the Secret Santa Soiree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! I would like to join!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! How fun! Of course I'll join in. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I DID IT! THE LINK WORKS AND EVERYTHING! I'M A GENIUS... O.K., maybe I'm not a genius, but I did add the Secret Santa Button to my blog and it works. Sorry i broke you linky thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. trying again...I've done the Mr. Linky thing but it's not showing up; I'll wait a few hours and try again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh!! I would like to play, too!! I'll e-mail and linky and all that stuff. What fun this will be; thank you for hosting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to join! I sent you an e-mail!
    Thanks for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to join in the fun. Thanks for making this open.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Suzanne, I have put my details in (correctly I hope) to be a part of the Secret Santa. I would prefer to have an Aussie partner (only because of the cost of shipping internationally). If you need more info from me, my email address is suzieq941@hotmail.com Oh, and I cant work out how to put the picture of the Secret Santa on my blog without the html code, can you tell me how please? Thanks.
    Hugs n Blessings from Sue in Oz xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have sent you an email...looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't pass up a Secret Santa! Please count me in. Going now to send you an email.

    Cathy's Cupboard Calamity

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am very excited! I love these swaps and the secret ones are so much fun! I am getting good at them! Hee Hee! Or should I say HO HO HO!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this sounds like fun, please count me in !

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds like a lot of fun...can't wait to see who my partner is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I thought I posted saying that I would like to participate. Maybe I didn't. But anyway, I have a button on both of my blogs. In re-reading I realized that I did not email you yet, so here goes. I will do that next.

    ~Linnea

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds like fun! I'm sending my e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it!!!! you will be a great host Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sign me up, Suzanne! I'm on the laptop right now so I can't email you (cuz K is playing video games on my computer)! But, my email is cherrypie11@verizon.net for you to send the questionnaire.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds like fun. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OK...this sounds like fun. I hope I'm doing this correctly...a comment here, linky, and E-mail you with my info. Oh yes, grab a button too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh dear...I've got a problem. When I click on your Contact Me button my computer wants to open Outlook and I don't use that for E-mail and it's not set up. I use gmail. Can you contact me and then I'll reply with my information? It's DayDreamnWorld @ gmail . com. (Just take out the spaces.) Thanks. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Suzanne,
    I messed up with my first attempt so delete the #42 Secret Santa Swap. I am so happy to find your blog!! I am also a dachshund Mommy. We share our lives with four adoreable doxies. Pebbles is 11, Bella is 5, Sarge is 5, and Bella and Sarge's daughter, Cocoa is 4!! I am thinking about starting an online group of Doxie Moms what do you think about that? I look forward to getting to know you better! I signed up to follow your blog!
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  25. Suzanne, this is my first time doing the SSS, but what a fabulous idea! I love shopping for gifts and I love seeing people with smiles I inspired!

    Sending you an email now.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would love to participate!! Thanks for hosting!! chris

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would love to join in. I have have been anticipating the SSS since last year. It is so much fun, and thank you Suzanne for hosting it this year.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love it! So much fun last time I participated! Kandas

    ReplyDelete
  29. look at all the participants! I want to sign up but just am not sure I can my internet access is limited...I know how awesome this is! oh shoot ok ima sign up

    ReplyDelete
  30. HAVE JUST SENT YOU AN EMAIL ...EXCITING

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would LoVe to join in too, please.
    I'll email you my details... ThaNkS :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. This sounds like fun. I did this several years ago and had a partner that didn't participate, but my daughter's partner sent me something as well as sending hers. So I had fun anyway, and,
    enjoyed sending something to my partner. I signed up on the linky page above and sent an email with my address. Thanks so much!!♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  33. So looking forward to joining in this swap! sounds like so much fun! I'll follow up with an email.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have sign up and will be looking forward to sharing a little christmas spirit

    ReplyDelete
  35. Suzanne how soon do we get our match ups for secret santa?? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm very excited about this swap! I can hardly wait to get my partner.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love my package, here is the link to see what I got in the mail from a little elf in Texas..
    Joy at Books and Life
    Thanks for the party and thanks to my Secret Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I received my package yesterday, and what a wonderful present I got. Thank you so much, Secret Santa (Melinda, right?). I love it! There is a photo on my blog.
    http://missednasplace.blogspot.com
    I really enjoyed taking part in the fun and look forward to next year. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...