Monday, January 30, 2012

Two Words I Never Hear Are " Hey Girl......"

Would you believe it if I told you that sometimes  a lot of times I am faced with a bit of resistance when it comes to getting my husband to implement an idea of mine? It is true. Sadly.

A few days ago, Lane my quilting friend talked about quilting tools. He shared his fantastic idea about using a pill bottle to hold bent pins to keep them off the floor where they don't belong. I seem to have that problem too and yesterday I asked my husband to drill a hole in the top of a pill bottle.

I got twenty questions on that one little request as to why I needed that and what I wanted it for.....all for a little hole. It was almost like he thought I'd gone completely over the edge this time with this request.

Well....since my husband certainly does not have Ryan Gosling's "Hey Girl" attitude I had to explain.

I quickly asked him if he enjoyed stepping on my SHARP quilting pins barefoot? Did he enjoy screeching in pain when it happened???

In no time....I had a functional quilting tool with a hole drilled in the top! In fact this happened so quickly I was rather impressed!

Now....if other matters could be handled as quickly as this one I'd be a happy camper!!

For whatever reason I still get a lot of flack from my husband and son when it comes to holding my quilts up for photos.....lots of complaining to the fact I take too much time doing the photography.

I sure would like to get a few "Hey Girl....." around here once in a while....things would run so much more smoothly if I did! What about you?? Do you have a Ryan Gosling Hey Girl at your house?? Wait.....don't answer that.....I am going to pretend we are all in the same boat!

16 comments:

  1. You made me laugh!
    The bottle for pins is a GREAT "notion"!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I think we are in the same boat tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Matt is a questioner too. Some of my ideas are a little outlandish, Ill admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I need to get out more - I have never heard of "Hey Girl." But the thing with telling or asking my husband something... I'm there. For example, him asking me if I was OK because I was quilting and he was having so much fun watching a footballl game between to teams I didn't care about. He's ready to weep (not that he cries that often) about me not caring about football?! Second, he even asked if I was mad at him. Hello?! I'm just going to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit, I had to Google Ryan Gosling. Guess I need to get out more too! :)

      Delete
  5. I wish there was a Ryan Gosling store. I for one would buy me a dozen of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. Me. Too. I would want to have a spare!!!!! Too funny!!!!

      Delete
  6. Were those dozen questions immediately followed by a dozen reasons why you didn't *need* a holder for bent pins? Like if you didn't bend them in the first place, you wouldn't need a place to put them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pretty much.....I think he actually thought I was losing my mind!!!

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh -- this was the funniest post!!! I'm afraid to show my husband why I'm laughing ... I have him thinking *all* quilter's husbands hold up quilts and make things for them. LOL!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband is pretty good about doing anything I ask...3 or 4 times...a week later. :) But I will also admit, if I say it's really important and has to be done NOW, he'll drop whatever he's doing. But not wanting to overplay the "need NOW" card, I'll ask and then start do it myself, which on a lot of things scares him, so he'll step in and finish it.

    But he is good about doing things, just not on MY schedule. He is great about helping me with photos for my blog or scrapbooking. I think he likes those.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how my husband used to yell when he stepped on one of my pins. I really did try to be careful, but you know how it goes...♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  10. We also seem to have issues of holding the quilt perfectly still while taking photos! Oh such problems.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My hub thinks I am doing 3rd grade crafts most of the time and rolls his eyes. If he's already off the couch I can usually get him to dremel something. If he's affixed to the couch already I have to wait weeks. I am lucky tho, that he is a "Hey girl, I'd love to go to the thrift store with you" kind of guy. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute post! I am still waiting to have my quilt rack repaired so I can display a couple of my vintage quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this just cracked me up. My husband is sweet and agreeable about pretty much everything, but yes, he has to ask a million questions first. It's exhausting! We've been married for 33 years. He should know by now that I always have a good reason for everything!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...