Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Vintage Thingies Thursday: LOVE-ly treasures

Welcome to this weeks segment of Vintage Thingies Thursday. Thursday is the day to showcase your vintage treasures and to share your special things with everyone. If you are visiting and would like to join us, please do. It is very easy!
To participate, all you have to do is:

* * * * Please everyone, follow these guidelines!

(1) do a post about something vintage.
(2) Visit all the participates and leave a comment.
(3) Link in with the link at the bottom of this post, please use a perma-link to link in with, that way, anyone can refer back to your post if they can not get to it on Thursday.
(4) Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, and if you like include the VTT button in your post. Please be sure to have your post up before linking in.


REMINDER:
We have several new friends linking in for Vintage Thingie Thursday. I want to remind everyone that the link for VTT goes up on Wednesday evening and will run through Friday morning (early) then the link will be closed. I know it is hard to get in the habit of posting earlier than later, but try and get your link in before early Friday morning. I have to close the link to keep spam out of the link. Thanks!! And I know Wednesday is not Thursday, here...but it is Thursday for our friends who live on the other side of the globe!!

This week, with Valentine's day just around the corner, I thought I'd show some cute Valentine theme things.....nothing too fancy, just some of the things I love. I really like the idea of taking something old or vintage and giving it new life......

Someone took an old quilt, cut it up and made a cute little wreath....I love it, it is in my sewing room. I just love the vintage fabrics...love how someone reused the quilt, not saying I could have cut the quilt up......but.......

It really is a cute little wreath to look at......next, is a reworked small piece of handwork I purchased at an estate sale for $1.00.

This was sitting all by itself, the frame is one of the gold frames of years ago. I decided to spray paint the frame. I can see from this picture I may need to touch it up a bit!! I think this is cute...and it had hearts in the design, so appropriate for a Valentine week.

This is sorta a sneek peek at my Sunday post....but...I will say this, I just love a vintage jar filled with vintage buttons.....this is part of a Valentine centerpiece I put together this week for a party I am joining on Sunday. You'll have to stop back by on Sunday....I will say this, it has something to do with vintage valentines, an almost vintage bear, a Valentine story of love (well, that may be a stretch!) and well.....a GIVEAWAY.....so be sure to stop back by. And.....stop over at Anything Goes Here....it is a Vintage Valentine Card Party...and should be a lot of fun, and you maybe can still sign up to join in on the fun.

This little bird vase was a find at GW not long ago. I think it cost me 45 cents.....I thought it was sorta cute...may you receive lots of Valentines in the mail this week...just like the one this little bird is trying to deliver!

Here is the stamp on the bottom, marked Japan....I am sure it has no real value, but I liked it. He sits on the shelf in my laundry room.

Happy Vintage Thingies Thursday everyone....be sure to stop by on Sunday, and lets enjoy the Valentine Card Party!



41 comments:

  1. Cute! I found your blog through my sister and I'm happy I stopped by. I linked a post below and am happy to share in the fun in the party! Happy Valentine's Day.

    Oh, and btw, I LOVE the vintage buttons. Awesome.

    -Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to show some non-postcard vintage valentines for the Sunday Vintage Valentine Card Party. I have a link to information about the party on my blog's sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your pretties..as usual,if there's a button or quilt project involved,that's always my favorite. I love the little wreath and the heart on it..and ooo,the buttons. Happy VTT..I must have been anxious for Thursday to get her,I had my post up yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt heart wreath is adorable! I couldn't cut one up either, but maybe it had a huge hole or something and this was their way of repurposing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know that I could have cut up that quilt either, but I love that little wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cute vintage valentine things. I also love how old quilts can be made into hearts and wreaths!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a great variety of neat Valentine items today. I my shed is still for rent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your button jar is sweet! The wreathe is cute too but me being me, I would have a really hard time cutting up a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quilt wreath. What a great way to use scraps!!

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that crewelwork; only a dollar, wow! I have something Valentiney, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the heart, what a great use of an old quilt! I'm like you though, not sure I could bring myself to cut into one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your jar of buttons. And your little bird is sweet. Will be back to see what's happening on Sunday :-)

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great valentine stuff. You have to love this holiday. REd and hearts and fun. Thanks for hosting. It's always fun to see what everyone has on their blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I especially love the button jar---red ones have always been my favorites---so bright and cheery. Somehow they remind me of the lovely red lipstick worn by the teenage girl next door when I was a child. I wanted to be old enough to wear it because she looked so beautiful when she smiled.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Suzanne,

    I'm so grateful for your hosting of this fun meme.
    I am not linking up because I cannot visit all right now.

    I did post though, and have your widget on my blog so people can get here from my place.

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet little vase. Valentine's Day is in Finland emphasizing on friendship and less on romantic love, and the tradition is fairly new. It is fun to see these old gifts and cards. - The wreath is cute, but it would break my heart to cut up an old quilt. Let's hope it was mostly worn to shreds!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The vase is adorable, a real steal, but for me, the quilter, the wreath is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have a nice collection of heart items. Love the buttons, I always seem to have vintage and some new buttons hanging around. Well new now because of my cardmaking.
    Great Valentines Day Post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So, it is 2:30 in the morning Mountain Time. I have just hit the last current blogger on your list. I could have stayed up all night reading these posts. This is by far my favorite Meme ever! Leave it to a fellow Colorado Woman. Glad I crossed your path. Have a very blessed week, Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great Valentine's post! Love the quilty hearth wreath and don't worry Suzanne, usually quilts that are cut up for wreaths, etc are way past salvageable.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What beautiful treasures!This sounds like sucha fun idea..I'd love to play sometime! Wonderful blog..beautful pictures..super lovely!Your buttons are charming!! yay..so fun!
    Happy VT!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  22. You always make me want to redo my laundry room although I have no idea how I would do that - there is barely room for the washer dryer water heater and HVAC - its awful really. really awful. But you always make me think its possible

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is one cute vase! I would've snapped it up in a second!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is my first time linking to your blog, thank you so much for hosting this!
    I love your finds, especially the patchwork heart. I will be back!
    Happy Valentine's day to you and your loved one's!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is my first time, linking to your Vintage day and I am loving it, thanks for hosting it!
    I love your finds, especially the patchwork heart and of course the embroidery, my passion!
    Happy Valentine's day to you and your loved one's.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you Suzanne for hosting VTT...it's such a fun day to share. It's still so hard to cut up old quilts, but with the need to remake and save some part of an old quilt that is beyond repair think of it as making the former owner happy that her work did not go to the trash! We are on the same train of thought today....I'm sewing, too...on old quilts. Love your red buttons....Sue

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good morning Suzanne. I am just now getting my post up today. Cheri has been spayed and I can't leave her for a second. She just wants me or Bill to hold her constantly. No sewing on my quilt today.

    I love the heart with the quilt wrapped around it. It is a sad ending to an old quilt. On the other hand they do eventually do wear out.

    I love your heart theme today. the Japan vase is collectible and definitely worth more than what you paid. I love it.

    Have a wonderful day.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovin' that jar filled with VINTAGE BUTTONS...thanks sooooo much for hosting the party...I look forward to it every week:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Suzanne!
    I have some old old quilts that are falling apart, not repairable. I love seeing a way to possibly use them!
    And what is it about buttons! I love them too.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  30. I LOVE the vintage bird vase. I must look for one, though I know the chances are slim to none :) lol

    anyhow, I love this party and always check everyone's sites out. This week I decided to join in the fun. Thanks so much for hosting and for such a wonderful blog!
    -Brightest blessings-
    Karina

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your post. The button jar is just *cute as a button*, lol.

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  32. Haha...got on to log a comment about how much I love the vintage buttons...and I saw that my sister (Gail) had said the same thing...guess we think alike! Thanks for hosting the linky party!

    Blessings, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your wreath made from vintage quilt scraps and that darling Valentine's bird vase you got from GW, and what a bargain!

    I'm so glad I found your Vintage Thingie Thursday party so that I could join in! Thanks for hosting it!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I really love the quilt wreath, the craft room would be an ideal place to display it. Have a happy valentines day.
    Ann
    Tin and sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm LOVING that jar of red and white buttons!

    Button, button, who's got the button?

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am in love with that jar of buttons!!!!!!

    Happy Valetine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Everthing is beautiful but I especially love the little embrodiered picture. Those satin stiches are perfect.

    Need to post your snow dachshunds :) Just too cute!

    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Suzanne! I really like that heart made from the old cut up quilt -- but I'm also not sure I could bring myself to take scissors to a quilt!

    But -- I think a similar "look" might be had by wrapping fabrics -- different quilting fabrics -- around a straw heart form or other solid wreath form. Hmmm, something to try!

    Thanks for hosting. I will try to get to visit more participants on Friday; not much time for computer-ing today!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh, nice idea with the red and white buttons.I know what you mean about the quilt!I would've never been able to make that first cut, either...but I'm glad someone did, because now you have a lovely wreath!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...