Friday, March 26, 2010

Do You Have It???


"It's spring fever. That's what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - Oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!"
~Mark Twain

Well....there you go....at least there is a name for wanting to play hookie from work, leave dirty laundry in the laundry room, dirty dishes in the sink, turn the other way when you see dust everywhere. Forget that you do not have a maid to do the housework.

I am glad to know it is not an illness that causes me to want to forget about all my responsibilities and dream of being in the bright sunshine, buy flowers for the beds and vegetables for the garden. I am glad there is a reason for me wanting to design a new flower bed that is bordered by vintage plates....yikes! For a minute there, I thought I was coming down with something....I guess I am.....Spring Fever!!! Yes, I have it in a bad way......What about you???

15 comments:

  1. oh my yes, it must be quite contagious because I've got it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had spring fever until...

    The temp dipped to 12 degrees! Oh my it is cold here! I'm so glad I hadn't put away my boots and winter coat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring fever is in our area, but the temps are still to cool for planting much. Had snow last Wednesday, that is all that kept me from going to work in the yard. Today, we have a wind storm and lots of blowing dust. Where is spring anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorta. I wanna dig but I first need to truck in some decent dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The garden bordered by vintage plates sounds wonderful and unique! If you create one, be sure to post about it! Bet it would look gReAt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES, I have it!! We have had a tease of nice weather and now back to being cold ~ I'm dreamin' of those beautiful sunny Spring days!!! Judi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have it in a bad way! We had mid 70's all week. This weekend we will be back in the 40's and 50's. But our dear weatherperson said this was winter's last blast. I hope he is right...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I've got it! I've never heard that Mark Twain quote, and I love it! Have a great weekend. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got it BAD and have had it for weeks. Longing for Spring time temps that have been teasing us to stick around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too Suzanne ... I guess its why Im spring cleaning like mad.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I have it- I just wish the weather outside matched how I feel ;)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely have Spring fever this year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Spring fever is the best illness to catch! Must be an epidemic, I've got it too!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...