Monday, September 7, 2009

It's Now a Three Ring Circus Around Here!!!!!

This has been a very busy weekend. Along with having lots to do, we also had a little bit of a three ring circus around our house with the welcome of a new family member.....

In center ring....let me introduce to you "Bailey" an eight week old Long-haired mini- dachshund. Yep, that is right....we added one more to the mix. I can almost hear my family members yelling...."Oh, no!!! Are you crazy?!?" yep, believe me that is what they are saying...and if you listen closely, I am sure you will be able to hear them screaming too. Sorry, guys...we did it, and we are excited about her....at least most of us are!

These two however....not so much! This was the look when we carried this little pup into the house. You see they are used to being in the center ring, and I was really worried how they would react. Sophie, was her usual self....she wanted to show this new little bit of a pup who ran this household right off the bat. I fully expected Dora to raise the most ruckus over her, but she surprised me, she really was pretty good.

Funny thing is, this little bit of a pup held her own, she snarled, barked and showed what little teeth she has to Sophie right off the bat, of course, size got the best of her, but she held her own. She was not taken aback by Sophie and Dora's attempt of gaining top dog status right off the bat. Poor Dora did not know what to think of that.....bless her heart.

Really, this was not my idea.....and I am sure you find that hard to believe. I was so worried over how Dora might react, because she is the one who demands center stage and all of the attention. I was afraid she would not do well at all with a new pup. Steve is the one who really said " You better get her " at first, my reaction was " What? " But you can see it did not take much for me to agree....no, not much at all.

Bailey made her debut into our home on Saturday, we got her from Canton Trade Days...the same place we purchased Sophie and Dora. It took a little bit of time, but she settled in quiet nicely.

Nothing sweeter than puppy tummies when they are in deep sleep, worn out from all the excitement.....and just look at those little paws.

You can see the look still, on Sophie's face, almost as if she is saying...I'll be nice, but I don't have to be excited about it. Poor Soph.....it will just take her a bit.......I keep telling her she is still number one...but she is not buying it at the moment.

But Dora on the other hand, bless her little heart....she has been the sweetest thing. She almost has taken on a mother roll, and I would have never thought that was possible due to her temperament. Dora really has surprised us all.......

I guess the tales now will not longer be from the "twin girls" but now will have to be tales from the "triple sisters"...........like I said.....it has been a three ring circus......but oh, so much fun!!

Are you listening for my family members screams??? The are there....just listen!!! You see, not every member of our family has the same affection for dogs the way we do....we can not imagine life without them, they are family and we love each and every one of them......and unfortunately, one is just not enough......

47 comments:

  1. Oh!!! Bailey's very adorable!!! Congrats on the new addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bailey is adorable! I can see how any feeble attempt to resist bringing her home could not have lasted more than a minute. Enjoy your circus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if she weren't so adorable it would be hard not to want her...but......she IS!!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could have told you that three is the magic number. For some reason dogs just like it and they adjust rather easily. Bailey is just beautiful. She will charm the whole family, relatives and all..., just give her time. Look what she has done to Dora already.
    We have always been 3 Dog Farm so this makes so much sense.
    Happy, happy new puppy day to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! Congratulations to the whole family! Warm wishes, Esther

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new baby is adorable!! I have never seen one in that color combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is just darling :) Nothing like a new puppy.
    Have FUN!
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable! Too bad they don't stay puppy small forever. Have a lovely week. TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bailey has to be the most gorgeous Doxie I've ever seen! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh so adorable!!!!
    I am the same with my feline furbabies..all were tossaways, rescued..
    they provide immeasurable joy and unconditional love..all for kind words and cuddles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, she is beyond adorable! Those teeth!!! Oh my goodness, I assumed you lived in Colorado. But then you mentioned Canton Trade Days. You must live somewhere around here. I live in Tyler! I love my two (Yorkies) dogs like crazy. I baby them beyond what most people can believe. A kindred spirit! Now I'm wanting a Bailey too! Taking your button home with me!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an absolutely darling puppy. Hope you will all enjoy you new addition.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. How adorable! What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't hear your family screaming, but can you hear me oohing and awing over Bailey?

    Murphy Grace wants to say hi to your growing family. He is big, but he plays nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Suzanne...she is just so super cute, I have always wanted a mini long haired dapple i am extremly jealous

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is SO cute! I love her coloring. I have never seen a long-haired mini Doxie before! At first I thought she might be a Beagle/Basset mix. Have fun, she is sure to keep you and your family on their toes, LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. AWWW! Such a sweet puppy! Congrats - and you didn't even know you were expecting! Beautiful Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suzanne, I of course understand, with six dogs, what can I say. Bailey is darling and I am sure things will work out in the long run. Some how they all learn to live with one another.

    Yes, I can hear your family screaming, but they are being out shouted by mine.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh! So Sweet! Bailey does have such a cute tummy! ...an all-around cutie!

    You will have to change your profile picture :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh she's a doll. Try having 2 two year olds and 2, 12 week old pups! Talk about a circus! HA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sooo...cute! Just like Pony Girl, I first thought Bailey was a beagle mix. She has the same markings as my two dogs. Keep us updated on the adventures!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  22. yep...she's a keeper! too precious! i lover her! dora.....priceless. she may end up happiest of all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey, 3 is manageable, when you go to 4 or more wis when you join me in having fallen off the deep end. Mine are cardigans, but still. # is a good number, family stop screaming, start snuggling puppers. She is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OH MY WORD!!! She is too cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Welcome to the CO Lady blog family Bailey. Looking forward to reading about your antics here. You are ABSOLUTELY adorable and make me consider getting a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  26. How could anyone resist that face? She is soooo precious! That look on Sophie's face (in the photo outside) is absolutely hysterical. She does look like she's just tolerating this new puppy, and that photo of Dora napping with Bailey is so sweet. Good luck in the 3 ring circus. I've been there several times in my life. Now I only have one dog, but 6 granddogs who visit occasionally. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cute, cute, cute. Thanks for letting us ooh and ahh over the new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Tell Sophie that the minute she feels at all displaced, she can come and live with me! She'll reign supreme here.

    Okay, Bailey's cute, but Sophie ...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh man...too much cuteness hurts my eyes!!! REally adorable pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awwwwww! What a lot of character going on there. I lived with dachshund for 20+ years and they truly are characters!

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh, she is the cutest thing i have ever seen!!! i love her colors, and that sweet face. poor sophie... she doesn't look pleased. and i LOVE that dora got maternal. so fun.

    i'm so jealous. i'd love another one to snuggle with but my riley is such a handful there's NO WAY... he's so jealous that he gets between me and my friends when they hug me... i can only imagine what he'd do to another pup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Threes the best for dogs :) congrats on little Bailey. We were worried about our Teddy and how he would react to Seamus when we got him but like Dora, Ted was great with him right off the bat! I think you will find in the long run, it will be easy to have three :) and even if it isn't.....you don't mind because they are so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I AM NOT BELEIVING THIS !!!!!! You really need to stay out of the Texas heat---it has just been too much for you this year, and DO NOT GO BACK TO CANTON !!! I bet this was Steve's idea !!!! Sure !!!!!----Steve spelled S-u-z-a-n-n-e. I just give up with you guys---I just can't believe you did this---Two dogs in the house was too many---I just don't know about you two----I give up!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, Suzanne, I'm soo green!! Never cared much for the dapples but I'm now a convert. Or in love or something! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh how adorable!!! I'm sure the other pups will warm up to her in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Aren't they all adorable. And such a sweet little pup. Canton Trade Days is a flea market. isn't it? So she was a find at the Flea?

    ReplyDelete
  37. That pup is just darling! No wonder you couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh I am jealous, she is adorable & I want another pup so badly & DH will NOT agree. Our little Aussie needs a friend I think!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Bailey is absolutely one of the most adorable dogs that I have ever seen. I just want to hug her. I have two chihuahuas that took awhile to be friends but it is working well now.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  40. OH MY GOSH! I have never seen a dox that is these colors! When I was little there were Big black and brown ones and little black and red ones....I cannot get over the colors they come in now! ANd the hair lengths! How fun! I have seriously thought about getting one of these little boogers! She is going to be fun to watch grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi, I found your blog through Sandi Smith of Bearly Sane. The doxies in your avatar caught my attention as I am a former Dachshund breeder. I currently have 2 senior girls, Lexi & Lucy. Lexi is a wild boar wirehair and Lucy is a chocolate & tan smooth. I would love to add a 3(or 4th) but we have decided taking care of senior girls, one on heart meds, are enough for now. I am also a Teddy Bear artist as Sandi is. Please check out my blog!
    Nancy Dontigney
    PS Love your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I have a mini doxie named Sophie too! BTW, I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...