Wednesday, September 16, 2009

VINTAGE THINGIES THURSDAY: An Unusual Collection...

***First, I would like to thank everyone for their kind comments on yesterday's post...while I was in the midst of a pity party.

Some of you really helped put things in prospective for me, and I wanted to say thank you! I am not saying I feel any better...yet....but hopefully I will. Honestly, I find it so hard to believe one thing could disrupt my thought process so much and stir up all these hurtful feelings....talk about PMS on steroids....that is just how I feel....

I had to take my own advice and go back and reread the post I had up for Sunday...In fact, I printed it out to keep it in eye shot for a while....man, I tell you I have had a struggle.....but enough of that....you know what time it is....right???


Welcome to this weeks segment of Vintage Thingies Thursday.
Thursday is the day to showcase your vintage treasures and to share your special things with everyone. If you are visiting and would like to join us, please do. It is very easy!
To participate, all you have to do is:

* * * * * * * Please everyone, follow these guidelines!

(1) do a post about something vintage.
(2) Visit all the participates and leave a comment.
(3) Link in with the link at the bottom of this post, please use a perma-link to link in with, that way, anyone can refer back to your post if they can not get to it on Thursday.
(4) Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, and if you like include the VTT button in your post. Please be sure to have your post up before linking in.

This week, I have a some recent finds that I could not pass up. I know lots of people collect salt and pepper shakers. Well, when I found these lonely salt OR pepper shakers without their match, I felt sorta sorry for them and took them home.

These three are sitting on a shelf in my hallway, they looked lonely without their match, but now have friends to hang out with......sorta like the Island of Misfit Toys.......

This little pig was found at a garage sale....a bargain for 50 cents.

This little lamb was sitting on a table at the Catholic Schools Garage sale this past weekend, he was only 10 cents. He is rather heavy for a salt or pepper shaker and the texture of the china is more like ironstone. I am sure this is a very vintage piece.

Here is the underneath side and the markings on this little guy.

This sweet little elephant was found at goodwill. I think I might have paid a dollar for it. I just thought it was the sweetest thing.

I love the colors, pink and purple......

This one is stamped Japan on the bottom and still has its original cork bottom.

Now, this is really a strange thing to collect, and I only really have three of them...so does that mean I have a collection? I don't know, but I could not pass them up when I spotted them all alone. They now have a good home among friends........yea, I guess I do have a problem.......

Have a great week everyone........if you are new to Vintage Thingies Thursday....link in and show off your treasures.......

34 comments:

  1. It's official: you collect misfit S&P shakers! They're very sweet, and you are very kind-hearted to give them a home!
    Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh you're so kind hearted to pick these little guys up. They appreciate it too, look how happy the elephant is!! ;) I was thinking about the Island of Misfit Toys just before I read it!
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look happy to have found friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love vintage creatures - Salt and Peppers are very collectible - I know several people that have huge collections, and everything under the sun is in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so like me in the fact that
    you feel sorry for those cute little
    animals, some one needs to give them a forever home. I am sure there's a few things I bought for that exact reason! :) Aaaahhh they so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your orphan salt OR peppers. They are so precious. I am sure they are happy to have a safe home. Thanks for letting me join in on VTT!

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just know, one day you will hit the jackpot with all your collectibles. One of them will probably turn up to be worth a mint. I guess I do not know what to look far, as I never seem to find anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Suzanne!

    Well, they might not match but they do go together really well! They really look cute together!

    Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday!!!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do believe you officially have a collection of misfit salt and pepper shakers....and they really are cute. Thanks for hosting VTT. I'm going to get my link posted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzanne,
    I'm sure they appreciate you adopting them. Hang in there!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep! Three of something makes a collection! How cute they are, and I love that you rescued them. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, 3 is a collection! I have some lonely S&Ps, and have found them to be great for cinnamon sugar, nutmeg, dried grated cheese, and other condiment type things. Or super fine glitter in your craft room!
    These are wicked cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh Suzanne!!..i'm ssoo relieved to know that i'm not the only collector of 'misfits' LOL!!!..i love your little misfit collection [yes 3 of anything is considered a collection hahaha]..can you imagine if we lived under the same roof, scary thought huh!!! cheers, Marian xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. One is a single, 2 is a couple, 3 is a collection :0) It's official you have a S & P collection!

    Thanks for hosting the party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your little guys. It is nice to find someone that appreciates these cute fellas like I do. I am so glad I stumbled on to your blog. What fun! Thanks for hosting this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What cute little vintage animals!
    I think I would buy them too!
    Thanks for hosting Vintage Thingie Thursday. Have a wonderful Day!
    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very sweet! They have found a home and aren't alone anymore. I think they are smiling because they're happy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love those little shakers , reminds me of my mother collect that I saw every day on the shelf in the breakfast room every morning of my childhood...Thank you for bringing back a swet memory..After all that was vintage things is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's very kind of you to bring those orphans together. Now that you do have a collection, it will grow because you will find more and more cute salt or pepper shakers from broken families. They will feel so much better in a group of peers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Suzanne,
    Glad to hear that you are feeling a little less blue today.
    I think your little animals are just so sweet, especially the lamb.
    Happy VTT day from Normandy.
    Magie

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are very interested--and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am positive these adorable little guys just love their new home!
    More than one - it's a collection!
    I just love Vintage Thingies Thursday - I think all week about what I will be posting!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh.... I love you. :)
    I am so glad to know that I'm not the only one that's a sucker for a cute face. Yours are absolutely delightful and I think having an Island of Misfit Toys is absolutely charming!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, my goodness! I love that lamb!!! Seriously! I totally need to go garage sale-ing with you! The ones around me either don't have this great stuff or I'm just not seeing it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love love love your little finds!!! How cute is that!?? I have an oops - I didn't use a permalink I don't think, just the blog link. I'm still trying to remember how this is all done and now I feel like a goof. I'm also going to post your VTT button on my sidebar right this minute - THAT I'll remember! Have a great day and thanks SO much for hosting this!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love to collect little orphan things. These are very cute. I used to collect s/p shakers and somewhere in the attic, there are all the ones I couldn't part with when I moved on to other things. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your little collection. There should be an island of Misfit Salt and Pepper shakers somewhere. Keep up the good work! Oh, and I can relate to the FB incident. Keep your chin up, we're living in a wonderful time of communication and 2nd chances!

    ReplyDelete
  28. How sweet of you to give these little guys company, Suzanne! They are so adorable!
    I can't believe I had an almost identical experience with my best friend from HS! I feel your pain!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love these little guys - and love the little things we find that mean a lot. I took your clue and used it to build my own post this week.

    love your blog

    tracy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh Suzanne, that little lamb has the most adorable expression -- I can't believe there is so much "attitude" in that simple little face. He is adorable!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  31. Whew - - - I see I just BARELY made it into the party before I was LOCKED OUT like those virgins who forgot their extra oil!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I've heard that three make a collection, so you have a collection!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...