Wednesday, November 25, 2009

VINTAGE THINGIES THURSDAY: Tacky Vintage Christmas Wreath.....That I Love!


Welcome to this weeks segment of Vintage Thingies Thursday. Thursday is the day to showcase your vintage treasures and to share your special things with everyone. If you are visiting and would like to join us, please do. It is very easy!
To participate, all you have to do is:

* * * * * * * Please everyone, follow these guidelines!

(1) do a post about something vintage.
(2) Visit all the participates and leave a comment.
(3) Link in with the link at the bottom of this post, please use a perma-link to link in with, that way, anyone can refer back to your post if they can not get to it on Thursday.
(4) Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, and if you like include the VTT button in your post. Please be sure to have your post up before linking in.


This week, in between shopping, cooking and cleaning....I finally got all my decorations for Christmas put up....That will no doubt leave a lot of blog post between now and Christmas..hahah....

I'd like to show you my vintage Christmas wreath I purchased last year from a local antique mall. I had dropped hint after hint last year about how bad I wanted this wreath with all of its vintage goodness....well the week of Christmas, I went back to the mall and asked the owner if someone had purchased one for me as a gift....and well.....since this was still there, I knew no one had taken me seriously and did not do anything about my "hints"....ever wonder why folks bother to ask you what you want for Christmas sometimes? I do....just sayin'.

So at 50% off....this baby came home with me, and I had to wait a whole year to really enjoy it....and I must admit, enjoying it I am......my family thinks it is tacky.....it might be....but I love the tacky vintage goodness.....

This is full of vintage ornaments, cups, bulbs, lights, and of course the tacky colored garland.....it is totally not a classy decoration but certainly a display of vintage goodness....and I just love it...

I remember my mom had Santas and the little mouse exactly like this one on our tree when we were small. I remember the ornaments with scenes on the side of the balls, my grandma had some like this too, this little decoration is full of nostalgia and memories.

Here is a shot of the vintage garland.....I paid $35.00 for this at 50% off....and well, I usually try to be a bit more thrifty, but when something speaks to your heart....sometimes money does not come into play......hope Steve misses this post he might not be too happy.......

Have a wonderful holiday to all my blogging friends who live in the States, and those that are not celebrating Thanksgiving this week, have a wonderful weekend.....see you guys next week!~

30 comments:

  1. Wow! Half-price! $35 is a steal! It's beautiful! That's my kind of wreath! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an explosion of vintage Goodness! What's up with McLinky? He wants me to wait an hour to sign up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not tacky!! I love it!!

    And someone on blogland just posted this week about having just made one THIS MONTH! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for something to do with my broken ornaments - thanks for a great idea!
    Evelyn in Montreal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pretty wreath...I really and truly love vintage things over newer things.. Have a beautiful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Suzanne!

    That is such a cute wreath! I think it would be fun to try to make one with some of my old ornaments and bits and pieces. I might just try to do that this year when I get everything out.

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess I was not listening when you said you wanted this. I will look at closer and see if I approve. Ha! If you like it, that is all that matters. What a blessing we do not all like or want the the same things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the festive cheeriness of your tacky wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH HOW DeLiGhTfUl..vintagey Christmas treasures!!..and worth every cent!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it! It's one of those things that you could go either way but it's the elements that drew me in. But the price! Originally $70! Oy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to tell you that your post today was awesome. What a wonderful wreath. I love all the old Christmas ornaments. So many memories.......

    Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love love your wreath! In fact I made one very similar several years ago. I only used bulbs but all vintage ones. It is one of my most favorite Christmas decorations. YOurs is great! I had thought about showing mine nearer to Christmas. Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Suzanne, I LOVE, the vintage wreath. It is wonderful.

    Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Blessings, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think it's tacky at all. I love vintage ornaments, in fact I made a wreath and filled it with vintage ornaments a few years ago and I put it up every year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that's a great garland. And a great idea for making one with old and maybe broken ornaments!!!!
    Happy Thanxgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very festive! Good luck on your thanksgiving day meal plan!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Suzanne,

    I know what you mean about things touching your heart.
    I posted about my newest find.
    Not a big 'touch my heart' just an 'i like this and want to have it so I'm gonna get it' touch. =0)

    Thanks for hosting each week.

    Blessings and Happy Thanksgiving

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, when it speaks to your heart price is no object. Definitely Vintage Goodness at it's best. I love it and am so glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful vintage things!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is the BESTEST Xmas wreath EVER!!!

    I love it! I was planning on crafting a tacky one too..:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think it is wonderful. I'm still using some ornaments just like that on our tree. Tomorrow is decorating day around here. We'll see what I pull out. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  22. love it love love it I have been wanting to make one of these! I sure have enough tackey stuff lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is not tacky, it's nostalgic for all of us who are "vintage" ourselves, lol! We used to have a whole set of the little bitty santa mugs on the lower right of the first picture! I'm sure my mom still has them packed away somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  24. Suzanne, Well, trying to be diplomatic .....the wreath is colorful, has lots of cute items and is cerainly different, but you know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and that is all that counts.

    Happy Saturday.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Suzanne,

    I love your wreath! When I first got married, I had a lot of those kinds of ornaments, and I got rid of them all. :( I had seen in a magazine a few yrs ago, a wreath something like that. They put it on the grill of their car, and it was just loaded up with all kinds of plastic toys and stuff like that. Pretty cool!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the wreath and garland - they are so cute (I hope it's not insulting to call it cute being that it's vintage).

    Be sure to stop by and enter my giveaway :).

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happpy Thanksgiving (week-end :)

    Your wreath is wonderful...truly a cornucopia of vintage Christmas pasts!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I hope that you had a good Thanksgiving, Suzanne. I sure did. I like your vintage ornaments; they look like several on my tree!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...