Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Vintage Thingie Thursday

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a really good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week. Lastly, if you link in, LINK back to my blog, so everyone can see all of the vintage goodies on display that day. If you don't link back here, they won't know who to visit......thanks so much.

I have been busy....always working on a project or two....or three.....or four....or......ahem.  But...I did manage to find a couple really cute vintage pieces for a song and a dance.


This little elephant planter was a great find. He is so cute and in very good shape! He is a cherry red but I used a vintage wrap to edit his photo!!


This little guy was a bargain at a yard sale for only .25 cents. It is a little toothpick holder. He is in perfect condition and will be put to good use soon. was lucky to find him when one of my long time friends and I were spending the day together. It was an afternoon spent enjoying lunch out and stopped at a few yard sales and local thrift stores in her area.

I was looking for specific things and as hard as it is to believe, at each and every stop we made,  I found exactly what I was looking for. It was a great day all around and I told her she brought me good luck!! Thanks Renea for a wonderful afternoon, I am still smiling when I think about it!! A good day with a good friend while hunting for good junk...it just does not get any better than that!

Have a great Vintage Thingie Thursday!!



15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day with a friend :)
    Thanks for hosting!
    Greetings from Australia♥
    ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love days with friends and happy little "finds" to remember them by. Love your little elephants!
    Happy VTT!
    ~april

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't be anymore perfect Suzanne, good company and good thrifty finds! :)

    Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You DID have a wonderful day out! I'm so happy to hear you had such a good time with a good friend. That is priceless and to find what you were looking for WAS So Lucky. LOVE these little elephants. I can never resist them!
    Have a fun week,
    Big Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing better than spending time with girl friends we love! I'm so happy you enjoyed it. You were also lucky to find just what you wanted. I love the little elephants, elephants are also so cute to collect along with dogs. Thank you for having me at your fun party.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, junking with a good friend. Now that's my idea of a good time. I did just that last week. So much fun! Thanks for the party.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had the time, patience & talent for thrift shopping, Suzanne, I don't. All the cool fonds make me envious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are few things as wonderful as lunch out followed by thrifting (and managing to find everything you wanted)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finding what your looking for..wow now that does not happen too often! Love the little toothpick holder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Treasure hunting is usually hit or miss...Glad you found what you were looking for!!! Lucky you! Thanks for hosting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just can't stay out of thrift shops lately, since I have found some great things,
    I have never seen a little bitty toothpick elephant holder before
    My Mom loved toothpick holders

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzanne, thanks for hosting. I was going through some old photos and they brought back summer memories of family camping trips.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzanne,
    Thanks so very much for hosting each week!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Suzanne, cute little elephants. Appreciate it that you host this party each week.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...