Wednesday, July 1, 2009

VINTAGE THINGIES THURSDAY: Vintage Red, White and Blue

Hello Everyone!! Welcome to this weeks segment of Vintage Thingies Thursday.

Thursday is the day to showcase your vintage treasures and to share your special things with everyone.

If you are visiting and would like to join us, please do. It is very easy! The instructions are at the bottom of this post.

Since it is a huge holiday this weekend here in the United States, I decided to keep with the red, white and blue theme, and show what FEW red, white and blue items I found here at home. I really do not have too many things that fall into the patriotic category. Do you think that means I am not patriotic? Hopefully, not....I am going to say it just means I have not found too many things that "speak to me" in those colors.

I do have lots of vintage buttons. And well, because I have nothing else better to do with my time, I arranged these in a shape of the flag. Very Fourth of July looking I think. I love all of these buttons, and I was lucky enough to find the star button in my stash. As always, you can click on the picture to make them bigger for a closer look.

Here is a darling little Sunbonnet Sue dish towel. I purchased her at the Canton Trade Days last month. She was stained and so was the towel, so I got this for a bargain of .50 cents. She washed up just fine and serves well today with the patriotic theme.

You know, sometimes I almost feel guilty paying such a low price for a stained towel or tablecloth, knowing full well I am going to get these items looking good as new and spending little money......key word there....almost. Should I feel bad?

Here is a great vintage platter. I got this locally at the flea market. I think I paid about $3.00 for this platter. I liked the border around the edges of the plate.

This is the marking on the back of the platter. This is the only markings.

Well, that is about all I found....I told you I did not find too much. Oh, the cute little red and white tablecloth was an estate sale find too, and it just screams the words picnic to me. I love the red and white in this tablecloth, reminds me of the blue one my mom had when we were little.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed these red, white and blue treasures. We may be seeing lots of patriotic colors today, since the 4th is so close, so if you are visiting from somewhere else in the world, just bear with us.....we tend to like our patriotic colors...well, some of us that is....I really can not speak for myself....ahem........ But hey, I am a big fan of vintage red.....alone....just the red!

Instructions below for participating in VTT!!


To participate, all you have to do is:
(1) do a post about something vintage.
(2) Visit all the participates and leave a comment.
(3) Link in with the Mr. Linky at the bottom of this post, please use a perma-link to link in with, that way, anyone can refer back to your post if they can not get to it on Thursday.
(4) Be sure to refer back to my blog so everyone can see who is participating today, and if you like include the VTT button in your post. Please be sure to have your post up before linking in.

Thanks so much. Have a great Fourth of July weekend everyone, be safe.


44 comments:

  1. I love all your red, white, and blue things. Very cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th July Suzanne!
    I like the nice things you found this week, lovely colors
    Have a great celebration week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Suzanne...what you did with those buttons are awesome my friend...loved it all...but I need that platter...you do have my address don't you ha ha!! Happy Fourth to you...may it be a great and safe one...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea to make a flag with your buttons! I only have 1 patriotic thing that is vintage, although I do have quite a few red, white, and blue things that are newish. And of course, you've got a platter for every occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That platter is absolutely beautiful! And unique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the platter!! Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a whole set in that pattern? It is unusual! Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fabulous red:white:& blue display, Suzanne..love the button flag and i adore sunbonnet Sue..but you know what i like the most??..that gorgeous platter!!..what a FUN post & a very happy 4th July to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially like the Sunbonnet Sue. What did you do/use to get the stain out?

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh I love vintage buttons, I have a plate full in my lounge on display!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 4th...and Happy VTT. I loved all your sweet things..but oooo, that Sunbonnet Sue. How sweet that girl is.., and I want everything I see with her on it. :)
    Have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your buttons and Sun Bonnet Sue! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so clever. Not many would think of using buttons to design a flag. Everything shown for the 4th, is an excellent job. Wish my mind worked just half as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the red, white and blue theme - how clever. Great button motif too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Followed your lead and did a red, white and blue posting also. Good idea, Suzanne!
    I really like that platter. It has a very pleasing pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like that platter a lot! Great idea to use the red, white, and blue theme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the button flag. Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love what you did with your buttons to show them. So creative! I like your Sunbonnet Sue towel too. I had a little baby quilt like that, but it's lost in the house somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suzanne, just WoW. Please read all the lovely comments and sign my name. Happy 4th! I'll be separating buttons on the weekend!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Suzanne, I came by to tell you I made your Refrigerator Pickles and blogged about them yesterday. The are really awesome! These will always be found in my fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your red/white/blue entries today. Lovely stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So are you talking Canton, Texas, Trade Days? I used to love to go to 1st Monday in Canton when we lived in Texarkana in the '80's. I'll bet it's really grown since then. I've been threatening to take my Alabama friends there some day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I heart that platter. You are right, the outside design is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great holiday post with the colors and the vintage! Wonderful artful buttons, too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm sure it was fun to arrange all those buttons! We do need time to just play, right!?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think your button flag is sooo cute! I may make one and glue it and frame it! Of course, I don't have one of those cute star buttons. Your vintage blue bonnet girl towel is precious, and I love that platter. I say you we should NEVER feel guilty about getting a bargain! I feel guilty if I buy something that is NOT a bargain! Have a wonderful weekend. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't think that I have any RW&B vintage but I do love yours! I have vintage buttons-not as pretty as yours-& an entire set of vintage Sunbonnet Sue blocks with the same traditional black applique thread, she's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy 4th of July! Lovely, timely display...love the button flag :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. STOP talking about Canton Trade days--It makes me so jealous :) Love your button picture the best!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Suzanne!
    I think I like the button flag the best! It's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are now an expert at cleaning up stained linens. If I ever have a problem, I'm coming to you, not Heloise!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks so much for posting all of these wonderful blogs to visit! As well as all of your fun finds! I've joined as a follower...come visit me too!

    (Oh, and be sure to enter my GIVEAWAY!)

    ReplyDelete
  32. great antiques today....i love how you made the flag with your pile of buttons! soooo cute :)
    chas

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love that flag great things!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Suzanne, Great button flag. Gosh that would take a lot of time to sew on those buttons! I collect vintage buttons too. It's great because they take up little space and look so nice in jars.
    Thanks for hosting Vintage Thursday. :)
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the way you arrainge the buttons! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Suzanne,
    Thanks for hosting.

    cute button flag!

    blessings,
    Barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a clever way to create a display with your buttons! You're quite the patriot today.
    This is my first play date with your party and I appreciate the opportunity to meet an entirely new group of bloggers through my post. Thanks so much for hosting. :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love your buttons that you made a flag with!!!! Sweet!!!

    Happy 4th of July!!!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your button flag is just fantastic! Have a great 4th...
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  40. P.S. I copied your button flag image to use on my blog - directing readers to VTT...hope that's okay. Let me know if you want me to change it.
    xo
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  41. Suzanne, loving your blog. I've been reading about your beginner class adventures. I've been quilting for about 10 years, but only took my first class this January. My experience was similar, but the store knew better than to try to sell me a machine. My 20 year old bernina is better, stronger and quieter than anything they have on the floor. I am a guy that quilts and was interested in a store run by men that quilt. Now, I can't wait to see how it goes. Enjoy it! Lane

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a great 4th of July thingie to do with buttons. Very cool!

    That plate for $3.00 was more than a bargain. That was a "steal". Good for you....

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your oval plate is so pretty and there is something about old buttons...how creative your project is!

    I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Suzanne, wait me at the airport.. am coming with my pink platters and dishes and we can have BBQ on 4th July!.. hehehehe..

    btw I can imagine the succulent ribs on your red & blue platter.. and lemonade in your vintagey pitchers! just make me hungry now!.. hehehehe

    Have a great day dear friend!
    xo
    fitty

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...