Sunday, October 21, 2012

Coming Soon on The Coloradolady Blog

I wanted to give a little information on a few things coming up here on The Coloradolady blog. I am doing this so you will be sure to come back and participate!!!


First:

 This week....I will be doing a post about the conclusion of the "In The Bag ~ Ugly Fabric Quilt Challenge" I am going to have a post up with a link to the flicker page and would like to ask everyone to pay that sight a visit and then come back here and cast your vote for your favorite quilt made from ugly fabrics. Tell you friends....just come back and vote. The quilts are amazing.....and it is hard to have a favorite...but at least try to find a favorite!

If you have not visited the blog set up for that quilt challenge, please click here and have a look around, you will be amazed.

***but don't vote yet......later this week!!!

Second: 

I'd like to mention the Secret Santa Swap that I hosted last year.




The Secret Santa Soiree - I did this last year and it was a lot of fun. However, it was a LOT OF WORK, thus I am really hesitant to do it again this year. I have already received a lot of emails about whether I was doing this again this year so I thought I'd go ahead and address it now. It will be a stretch, as I just don't have as much free time these days as I have in the past. However, I have decided to host this again this year. Signups will be in a couple of weeks and this year there will be a cut off as to how many I can let in the swap. I have not decided on a number yet....but will do so in a few days.

** Please note....there are rules with the Secret Santa swap which need to be followed. They are very simple and are in place to make sure everyone has a great experience. If you were one of the folks last year that either bailed on your partner and did not follow through, or did not follow through with what you agreed to do once you received your gifts, please let me just say, you don't need to sign up this year. I have kept all the records from last year and will check against my notes. Just letting you know up front. ** If you were a part of the swap last year and have any input at all as to how it was run, or what might be an easier way to do things, I am certainly open to any suggestions.

The deadlines will be earlier than last year as to hopefully eliminate gifts being late in arriving. It will be opened to international swappers as it was last year, and that is the main reason for the earlier deadlines.

I hope you will come back and vote this week!! There is a great prize package for the winner of the Viewer's Choice award, as well as some prizes for other participants that will be by random draw.

I don't want to scare you away from the Santa swap, if you participated last year, I hope you loved it as much as I did. It is a great diversion during the holidays and it is a lot of fun!! Think about it.....lots of fun stuff coming up and you don't want to miss out!!

Have a great week!!

5 comments:

  1. I love the creativity of all the quilters. You made delicious lemonade from all those "lemons"/fabrics. I'm a quilter, but I don't think I could have ever done it as well as you did. After much consideration, I cast my vote for the basket quilt, but each one is simply great! Nice job, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Santa swap last year and I'm so pleased that it will happen again this year...yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Santa Swap and enjoyed my gifts as well as the partner I gifted! I just need enough time to pull it together and last year it worked out nicely! You did an awesome job! Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. will be watching out for news of the Santa Swap

    ReplyDelete
  5. You would not believe that I came over to your site to check on the Santa Swap,we must have been on the same wave length :). I also checked out your quilts can't believe that any of them can be called ugly, as there such a labor of love. I will check back often don't want to miss joining SS.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...