Friday, October 26, 2012

Fall Recipe: Apple Bundt Cake

Fall is finally in the air here...and it is about time, it is almost November for goodness sakes!! Cold front came in today and cooled things off and I decided to make a cake that is perfect for fall weather....and it is so very good and easy! What a great combination!!


Apple Bundt Cake:

You will need.....

3 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup orange juice
2 tsp vanilla
1 can Premium apple pie filling

How to:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bundt cake pan or tube pan.  Mix 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle sides and bottom of cake pan.

Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the oil, eggs, orange juice and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in the pie filling and pour evenly into bundt pan.

Bake for one hour uncovered. Cool for 15 minutes and turn out onto a cake plate.  Drizzle with glaze if desired.

For glaze: Beat with mixer 1 cup powder sugar and 1 Tablespoon orange juice for one minute or until smooth. Add additional orange juice for desired consistency. Pour over cake.



Funny story....my husband came home from work and saw the cake....he made the comment to the fact that I made a bundt cake. (not his favorite, his favorite is chocolate)  I said  yes I did.

After supper he asked what kind I had made, he asked it if was a strudel cake? I said no.....it was an Apple Bundt Cake. He looked weird, and said he did not know that they made that kind. I looked at him and said What kind?? and who is They? Then it all became clear as day...he thought the cake came from a box mix. I quickly informed him that cake was made from scratch....and his only reply was "Oh Yum, what a good wife!" Somehow, that made all the difference in knowing it was not a box cake!!

Men.....they are so funny.......well, at least mine is !

Hope you enjoy the recipe and cake...it is perfect for the fall weather and is moist and so good!! The apples are amazing with the cake and it is a perfect combination.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! From scratch is always better than from a box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good! Your husband is funny - glad it passed the test!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted a good apple cake recipe. This one looks delicious! I am definitely going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum!! Looks delicious, Suzanne. A perfect dessert to usher in the cooler temps! Have a super weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I want to try this one. I love bundt cakes, and an apple one sounds perfect ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I needed a recipe for a bake sale and this one looks like a good fit. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I made a bundt cake recently! I have a beautiful hand blown cake pan that Princess House carried years ago! This recipe looks yummy! I am going to have to try it!
    Your hubby is very silly!
    Have a great Sunday!
    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for posting the recipe...I came across it on Gwen' shttp://pokeydotquilting.blogspot.com/ blog when she made it...

    I have a wonderful church cookbook recipe that uses fresh apples and I make it when our tree has apples, but never ever thought of making it with canned apple pie filling!!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...