Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Favorite Thing Christmas Gift Idea ~ Christmas Bear


                                                                     Photo from Mad Man Knitting Blog

This time of year, I keep my eyes open for unique gifts. Sometimes, I find unique gifts that I want for myself. This is absolutely one of my all time favorite gift ideas that I have come across in a long time. At first glance, this Christmas bear really does not look much difference than any other ordinary Christmas bear.....but when you look closer, and read the story...it certainly will touch your heart, at least it did mine...and my husband is ordering me one for Christmas!!

I really don't have a clue how I found the website, or much less the facebook page, but below is the exert from Mad Man Knitting's Facebook page...and I know it will stir some interest to dig a little deeper as it did for me

Mad Man Knitting: A year ago I lost everything and had to find a way to feed myself. Somehow, I fell back on my old hobby of knitting to survive. What was a born was a teddy bear that has grown in popularity and adoration.

I quickly discovered not only the Facebook page but also a blog...and well, you know how we all love to find a new blog! There on the blog you will find a link to all of his wonderful bears.

Mad Man Knitting has set a goal for himself to only make 100 of these Christmas bears. I am assuming they are made by order, but only 100 will be made. They are very inexpensive and there is a link here and here to the blog post that talk about the Christmas Bears. How inspirational to read about someone who decided not to feel sorry for himself and put forth a plan to make it one way or another.

                                                                       Photo from Mad Man Knitting Blog

So as we head into the holiday season, this is the first on my list of Favorite Things, from me, The Coloradolady.

Stop by and have a look around, you will be inspired I am sure as I really felt inspired and touched as I read about this incredible man. Oh, and just to be clear, Mad Man Knitting has no idea who I am, has never heard of me, and has no idea I am putting his bear on my favorite thing list this holiday season. But, that bear is clearly one of my favorite things...as well as the man and story behind its creation!

5 comments:

  1. incredible. and what a sweet, sweet bear. i am going to drop a few hints at my own house. thanks for the link to an incredible new blog. i am off to continue reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beatiful, meaningful talent.
    -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible story! I too am in love with this sweet bear and just might have one under my tree this year! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big fan of these types of bears. They are so cute.

    Christmas Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this sweet bear! I am heading over there too! Years ago I found a bear called "Old Friend". His sweater is patched and he came from a company that sold children's books. He is sitting on our chest of drawers in a wooden chair I found at the thrift store. He is delightful and I love him dearly. He was a bargain priced bear and I love him so much!
    Love this sweet post! There is always hope in this crazy world. I am heading over now.

    Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...