Monday, December 29, 2008

We interrupt this break for a Prayer Request

UPDATE: I want to thank everyone for keeping my father-in-law in your prayers. The surgery was scheduled for 6:00pm Tuesday evening. We expected the surgery to last about 3 hours. After 1 hour and 20 minutes they were finished. No problems at all. The doctors said he had good muscle tissue, and he was able to get everything taken care of without a hitch. He should be healed up in about 3 weeks and will go to rehab. Steve said when he was wheeled into his room, he recognized them and knew where he was and was talking. I was not surprised....God took care of his problems. Plain and simple.

The nurse assigned to him told my husband the first thing he asked her when he woke up was, "Are you alive?" Interesting..... She explained when someone goes through something of that nature that is very common for them to ask the nurses if they (the nurses) are alive....because if the nurses are alive, then that means they are too. I thought that was interesting. I feel sure I would have asked if I was alive first.....dang the nurse!! Hey, I'm just keeping it real here! That is me!!

Please keep Jim in your prayers during the next few weeks, I am sure this will be no easy thing to recover from. Pray that God will direct and guide his heart to be cooperative and determined to do what he needs to do. I know the fight has just begun.
Thanks to all my friends and family who I knew I could depend on during this time of need.
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
I know I said I was not going to post until Thursday of this week, that I was taking the week off, but I could not help myself. For those of you who know me personally, you know this request is highly unusual. I am not very good at asking for help, I tend to carry everything myself, deal with it, accept things as they are and try an move on. That is just how we roll around here, and I did not even tell Steve I was going to put this on my blog. I did not know myself that I was going to do it until now. Due to the nature of my concern, I have a request from all of my friends.

My father-in-law is scheduled for surgery on Tuesday afternoon. Due to poor circulation and complications he is going to have to let them remove his left leg below the knee. He is not in real good health. He had triple bypass surgery in 2005 and his health has slowly declined over the past couple of years.

The doctors have assured the family his blood is good and he should heal. He will have to go to rehab for several weeks and depending on "him" and "his" attitude and determination he will be able to walk again with an artificial limb. I am worried. If his recovery depends on those things alone, he does not have it in him (in my opinion) to do what he needs to do.

Please pray for Jim, my father-in-law on Tuesday that all goes well, no problems and complications from the surgery. Pray God puts a fighting spirit in his heart and a determination to get stronger and be able to walk. Please ask God to take away the fear and give him a peaceful spirit. My father-in-law is a very independent person and I know he is feeling that this is the end of his independence. It just does not have to be.

I know with God's help, he can change this man's outlook and he will walk again. Please pray for peace for my husband Steve, this is hard on him and he holds his fear and worry inside. I know that God can make the impossible happen. That I believe.
Please pray.

25 comments:

  1. I will be praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this situation is something that I am terrified will happen to my Mother (she is an extreme diabetic).

    Prayers of strength and peace for you and your family being sent UP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be sad as I pray. I feel for your father-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayers are with you also.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about people giving up, or just not doing the therapy they're given. My father didn't follow dr. orders and it has severely effected his mobility for the past 15 years, which also effects the rest of us. I will be praying for Jim and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, prayers are going up now from Texas and I'll be praying on Tuesday as well. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers for your husband and his father. I hope all goes well. You are so right, impossible things can happen. Will continue to pray all week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, sweet lady, what a sad note to end the year on. I am praying and so is my family.

    Hugs to you and your husband in this hard time. I know things will be alright.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just stopped in for a visit after reading about you on Bo's blog...and want you to know I'll be praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayers are being sent up. I hope all goes well.....or as well as can be expected. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending many thoughts of love and prayer your way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Let your sweet husband know our church has Jim on our prayer chain. We are praying for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear about this---but he has had so many problems in the past---I will be praying and called the church and put him on the prayer chain---also called and talked with him and prayed with him and tried to encourage him---it is all up to God, the doctors and Jim,now---we just have to have faith and believe all will be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Prayer said here too. I pray that God will strengthen your father-in-law, both in his body during and after the surgery, as well as in his mind and attitude. I so dread the loss of independence, so I can only imagine how difficult this must be for him. I pray that God will give the doctors skill and wisdom and that he will guide you, your husband, and other family members as you uplift and encourage your father-in-law. Thanks for taking the courageous step of sharing the need. It isn't always easy to do. Please keep us posted.

    Ginnie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stopped by via Nea's Nuttiness...your father in law is in my thoughts. I too share my life with a canine named Sophie...nice to have found you...will visit again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My uncle just lost his leg below the knee due to an auto accident, I'll be praying for him too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. He's in my thoughts and prayers tonight. I hope all goes well. Hugs to your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your post brought tears to my eyes as I feel your pain for a person I don't even know! I am praying that all went well today and that he will have a good attitude and that he will walk again! May God's peace and grace be with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just thinking of you and wondering how the surgery went today... hugs to you all...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the update. I've thought about you all several times today and have prayed for you.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...