Sunday, December 7, 2008

Blue Monday: Christmas Decorations in Shades of Blue

Blue Monday is hosted by Sally and you are sure to find lots of great blue items on display today. Pop on over and take a look around. Click HERE to visit Sally's Blog.

I decided to show you some of my blue Christmas Decorations, or decorations that have blue in them. I never realized I had so many different shades of blue in my holiday decor. Here is a glimpse of some of the Christmas items that contain blue.

This is a set of salt and pepper shakers. These cute little birds are all dressed up for the cold weather. These are fairly new, you can see the tags are still on the bottom. Last week, I showed you some of my vintage Christmas salt and pepper shakers, this set is displayed with the vintage ones, they are just not old. I like this little set and the cute little birds look cheery to me.

This is a vintage Santa bank. My mom has had this forever, seriously. I remember this as a little girl. Santa's bag is a pretty shade of blue. Mom let me have this not too long ago, and he is well taken care of and stands proud in my dining room. I am amazed he is still in great shape.

This blue wreath is full of holiday cheer. The little snowman smiles a greeting to all who enter and the festive look of the snowflakes makes this one of my favorite items. I purchased this several years ago at Dillard's after Christmas sale.

Here is another shade of blue. This little sign was a gift from a friend of mine. I like the snowman and the snowflakes. This hangs in my dining room.

This is a family heirloom. Seriously. I purchased this from The Potpourri magazine back in 1987. I had no idea when I purchased this what an important part of Christmas it was to become. I have never seen another like it.

This has been used every single year. It is a Christmas Advent Calender. This is made of wood, and the little Christmas counters are magnets, and all Christmas items. I can not believe we have not lost a single piece.

When the kids were little, this sometimes was a major issue as to who's turn it was putting the item on the tree. Major Issue. When my son got older, he sorta out grew wanting to do the honors, but my daughter never has out grown this tradition. She puts the magnets on each year, without fail.
I guess this is the one item I have that is really treasured by all and has become a family tradition. There were lots of memories made around this single piece of Christmas decoration. Alisha has already said this will come to her house one day. ~when I decide to give it up....whenever that may be......if ever.

Well, that is it for today. I hope you enjoyed these little blue treasures. Have a great week everyone. Don't forget this weeks giveaway which ends Saturday. Click HERE to enter.

37 comments:

  1. Wow you had alot of blue today! Don't you just love the sentimental stuff. I just treasure anything that belonged to my family! Hope you have a great evening !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am off to bed but had to see your blues.
    Love them all and adore the salt and pepper shakers.
    Night night
    Claudie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all your blues, but those salt and pepper shakers are just so cute!
    Happy Blue Monday,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Santa bank is fantastic! I love the vintage look of him and his happy little face.
    Thank you for sharing how special that Advent calendar has become. :0)
    Happy Blue Monday to you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just simply loved your advent calendar!!!! We have those too over in Norway.. BUT I have never seen one like that!! :-)
    Not too hard to make either... maybe I will have to try that some day :-)
    I know you can buy paint with magnetic power in it :-) hmmm.

    LOVED IT!!! Have a great day!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute collection of blues! And that advent calendar is amazing! I have never seen one like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your blues and little snowmen are just the cutest ever.
    Happy Blue Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi...Just checking out your blues today...nice & meaningful collection! ;-) Bo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how cute! I particuarly love that little bird! Actually both little bird, but I guess that's not surprising for a magpie, eh?

    Happy Blue Monday!

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  10. An interesting set of Christmas decorations in blue. I love the advent calender! I love advent calenders, such fun to open the little windows and get closer to Christmas. Closer to Christmas! Oh, dear, I better stop blogging and get down to those preparations. I have done nothing yet! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the little birdies..gosh I wish I had a blue hat like that! You make me want to go get all my childhood s/p collection out...hmm perhaps after the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are so many lovely shades of blue that it often surprises me too. I have a snowman today too, I love that Christmas sign from your friend, and your Advent calendar is a treasure. I've never seen one like that either. It's good that you keep things so carefully. Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of your blue treasures today...Those little salt and peppers are sooo cute....
    love, bj

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh, I remember the Potpourri magazine...the Advent calendar is a real family treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have an Advent calendar from Avon from the early 80's that caused disputes between my sons over whose turn it was to move the mouse into a new dated pocket. Sweet memories are created from unexpected places and purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the little Snow Kisses sign. The salt shakers are darling.
    Happy Blue Monday.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  17. Every one of your photos made me smile today! So cute. Love how your advent calendar has become such a family treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have so many beautiful blues and also treasured heirlooms. I love the tradition of the advent calendar. Happy Blue Monday.
    Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh it will be in my house one day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Blue Christmas Items! The salt and pepper set was my favorite! :) Too cute! ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow you did have lots to show us today! thanks...the things with memories attached always seem just that much more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's quite a lot of blue! Loved the Advent calendar - I have an old German one that I get out every year.

    ReplyDelete
  23. All of your blue is so sweet but I especially love your advent calendar

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your blue today is lovely and cute. The S& P's are under the 'cute' as is the Santa. Love the snowflakes word sign and the wreath. Most of all your family treasure and your sweet story behind it. Something like that will be a tradition in your daughter's home someday.

    Christmas hugs...Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are all cute, but my favorite is the blue wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi!
    Love all your blue Christmas decorations. I really like the bird salt and pepper shakers. Thanks for sharing.

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lots of great blue, Suzanne. Love the S&P shakers and the story of the advent calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Christmas decorations is a good place to find blue! I have so many blue ornaments!!!!!!!! Happy BLUE MONDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cute stuff..! Lovely photos & I like your color scheme. Love your Christmas decorations idea.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I didn't grow out of it!!! I just got tired of fighting her LOL

    ReplyDelete
  31. Brilliant ideas!! Love all of your holiday home décors!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. There's an award waiting for you at my place!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Morning...I was just stopping in to see if you have seen him....bring your blogging buddies PLEASE! I am having an emergency over at my BLOG...perhaps you can join the search party!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Stop by my blog when you have time. I have an award there for you.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you for stopping by my blog for a visit. I did enjoy your Christmas decorations with a bit of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  36. That is such a neat Advent calendar! I like that it can be used year after year and create such a great tradition. Whenever the kids fight over something, you know you have a great thing going!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...